We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn St. Louis South I-55 for 2 nights on a Saturday and Sunday night. We were in town for the Packers-Rams Preseason football game (we are die-hard Packers fans from WI!) and needed a place to stay. A lot of the luxury hotels right downtown are close to $300/night, so we decided to look at hotels a little bit further away from downtown. The Hampton Inn St. Louis South I-55 was an excellent choice, and we loved spending the 2 nights here! It was about a 15-minute drive to and from downtown St. Louis, which made it a nice, quiet, peaceful location. It was also about $134/night--much cheaper than the downtown hotels. From the time we checked in until we checked out, everything was exceptional and we were treated like family by every staff member we encountered. Ashley at check-in was friendly, personable, and quick with our check-in. We had a standard 2-queen room on the 4th floor. The room was immaculate and comfortable, like they so often are at Hampton Inns. It was a very quiet room and we heard very little outside noise. Being on the top floor is always kind of nice because no one is above you, eliminating any footstep noises above. Also, at this hotel, the elevator only allows 4th floor guests on the 4th floor, by using your key card, so it really seems like the "quiet floor". We were very happy with our room, and we slept very well here. The beds and pillows were soft and comfortable. The TV was large and offered a nice variety of cable stations. We loved the nightly cookie reception here in the breakfast area. Linda did a great job as the "cookie hostess"! The breakfast both mornings was awesome. There was a great variety of hot and cold items, and the hot items were different both mornings--scrambled eggs and French toast sticks one morning, and cheese omelets and sausage links the next morning. I loved that they had cut up fresh fruit as a healthier option. The breakfast hostesses did a great job keeping the area clean and stocked. This hotel had a nice fitness room that I enjoyed using for a while one of the mornings. The indoor pool area looked clean and inviting, but we did not get a chance to use it on this visit. We felt that the pool hours of 8 AM to 10 PM were sort of inconvenient here--opened too late and closed too early for what would have been good times for us to go in the pool. We wish we could have used the pool, but that is not enough to lower our rating for this place! ALL staff was super friendly and caring. We were always engaged in conversation when walking by front desk and at breakfast. One of the mornings we ran out of tissues on our room, and when I went to the front desk to ask for more, the clerk could not have been friendlier! She asked where I was from, what brought me to St. Louis, and we discussed the football game from the night before! This hotel is blessed with exceptional staff at all levels! We were sad to leave on Monday morning! This was our best hotel on this vacation, and we would definitely return and recommend. More and more, I am starting to think that you can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 is located just outside of St. Louis with easy access to downtown. The hotel is located near Anheuser Busch Brewery, which offers tours and tastings daily. Guests can enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Louis/South i-55
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South i-55 Hotel Mehlville
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 Saint Louis, MO