“Freshly baked cookies, warm welcome and great staff!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer (sorry for not reviewing sooner!) at the start of a cross country road trip. We had a long day on our first drive before arriving here and wasn't sure what to expect, we had booked so many hotels for the trip we barely remembered what they looked like.

We were greeted by a really friendly receptionist who told us they had just baked some fresh cookies, and made some fresh coffee. We were so tired after he drive it was such a nice welcome, and both of us still say this is the best hotel we've ever stayed in because of that friendly greeting. I've never been made to feel so welcome!

The room was huge! It had everything and more you'd need from a hotel, from microwave popcorn to a lovely big bath and dressing area, laptop table, massive desk, sofa area, we were so impressed!

I would travel back to St Louis again just to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed August 9, 2014

You can't go wrong with Hampton Inn & suites. Clean rooms, sheets and towels.
Spacious and nice with good breakfast and coffee 24-7.
Staff was courteous, helpful and friendly.
Second visit and same experience.

Room Tip: Easy to get to.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a well run establishment, and the staff were exceptionally friendly. The rooms were clean and well equipped, and the staff were constantly asking us if there was anything they could do to improve our stay. It is convenient to the interstate for access to downtown, and there are a number of shops in the immediate vicinity. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014

At the last minute I was trying to find a hotel for an unexpected extra night on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of the TripAdvisor ratings. Frankly, I was a little suspicious that a Hampton Inn would have over 500 legit reviews—most of which rated the hotel as excellent. But, this Hampton Inn lived up to it. Very clean, very attentive staff. I think when they build these mid-range hotels they don’t spend much money to make them more soundproof and my room was a little noisy... Just people walking around above me, banging around, noisy people in the hallway, etc. But other than that, a great value. Would stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

I would first like to say thank you for giving our hotel a shot, and secondly thank you for sharing your experience with others. It is great to hear that you felt that we lived up to all the excellent reviews. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel. We have been ranked as one of the cleanest Hampton Inn's worldwide, so it is great to hear that you felt that cleanliness. As for the noise disturbances during your visit, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. We do our best to monitor any noise issues, so please don't ever hesitate to give us a call so that we can check in on the situation. If there is any way that we can make that up to you, please don't hesitate to give me a call at (314) 894-1900. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered and always eager to help. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We had two adjoining rooms, and both were immaculate. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your trip on TripAdvisor, and thank you so much for your compliments to our staff. We all love what we do here, and it's a great boost to morale to read reviews like yours. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Your Hampton Staff,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were extremely pleased from the moment we arrived. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast changes every day is very tasty, and fresh baked cookies every night surely made it feel like home. 4th floor is secure and the elevator requires a room key to access, which I thought was wonderful. I've never been disappointed with a Hampton Inn but this property is at the top of the class. You truly need to look no further when deciding on a place to stay. Very easy access to the Interstate and no more than 15 minutes from downtown. Before our trip, I couldn't fathom that a hotel could have such overwhelmingly positive feedback, but I tell you now, seeing is believing. Book a room and take comfort in knowing your stay will be a fantastic one.

Room Tip: Though traffic noise was very minimal, we did hear a couple of sirens and a loud truck. You'd l...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. It is great to hear that you felt that we lived up to the other reviews and that from the moment you arrived that you were extremely pleased. I am glad that you enjoyed our 4th floor extra security. It's kind of gives a fun VIP feeling, but the rooms are the same on every floor. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Hampton Inn,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

From the staff at the front desk to the breakfast staff to the cleaning staff everyone makes this stay an amazing experience! very clean! This is the perfect place to stay when in ST. Louis. You can't go wrong!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you feel that your stay was the best that you have ever experienced. I mean... Wow, what a great compliment. Thank you. Also, thank you for your compliments to our staff. I know they appreciate it. We hope to see you again.

Your Hampton Staff,

(314) 894-1900

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!