“Ecxellent Service - Friendly Atmosphere”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
“Ecxellent Service - Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I were returning to Wisconsin from a trip to Mississippi. The Hampton Inn was a one night stay before finishing our drive the next day. We were all pleasantly surprised with the friendly service we received upon check-in. Even more impressive were the fresh home-made cookies that were offered to us that evening - baked and provided by the sweetest person we encountered on our trip. She took the time to talk to our small group and made us feel so welcome. If I ever return to St. Louis, the Hampton Inn on South I-55 will be my preferred hotel.

Thank you Hampton Inn for providing my family with an exceptional experience, and the perfect ending to what had already been a great vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much! Thank you for taking the time to share and thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share this with our Cookie Lady. She truly loves what she does, and loves to get know everyone that comes through our doors. I am happy to hear that or staff helped your family end a great vacation with a bang. We hope to see you again.

Your Hampton Staff,

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Tulsa
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a family friendly, super clean, new and awesome hotel. The best Hampton Inn we've stayed in. King suite is wonderfully laid out. Ample room for family of 4 (pullout couch.). Comfortable beds. Clean room (looks like no one has ever used it). Excellent attentive service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to be super clean and new. Our King Studio Suites have a new design compared to other suites, so it is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the set up. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Your Hampton Hotel,

Strasbourg, France
Reviewed March 28, 2014

we spent one night in this hotel after a long drive and really enjoy our short stay. All the staff from check-in to check-out did extremely well, was efficient, polite, and smiling and delivered all the information we needed. the room was very clean, well equipped with an easy internet access. The only weak point is the heating/cooling system which is too noisy when it works. it has to be stopped to sleep well. Otherwise, this hotel is quiet (no particular noise around). The breakfast offered a good choice of various things and the quality of the food was good. we definitely recommend this hotel with no hesitation and will come back if we have the opportunity to stay again in Saint Louis area. this is the place to stay at Saint Louis.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that you were able to get a goodnights rest after a long drive, and that you found our staff to be so accommodating. I am sorry to hear that our heating/cooling system was noisy during your visit. Our units should barely make any noise. Our maintenance staff has been making the rounds to re-check our systems to assure that they are all working properly and are running quietly. However, if we do have the opportunity to have you stay with us again and you ever notice an issue, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Evan
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I'll admit, I'm particular when it comes to customer service, and I was very impressed with the staff here. They were friendly, professional and helpful. I was also happy with how clean my room was, and I checked it over pretty good. The breakfast was good, loved the coffee and the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Only complaint was sound of heavy footsteps above us at times. Overall, a good experience and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review, and thank you for all of your kind words. We love to hear that someone is particular and that we were able to impress. We also love to hear that people look to find something dirty and that our rooms are so clean that it can't be found. We have an amazing housekeeping staff that has helped us to be ranked as one of the cleanest Hampton Inns worldwide, but nothing is better than hearing it straight from our guests.

Again thank you for your kindness, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Your Hampton Staff,

Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for the past two years. We have been coming to St. Louis for a Cardinals game for the past several years and discovered this little gem of a hotel two years ago. The rooms are nice, clean, and spacious. The lobby is nice and well appointed and the staff is always so friendly and accomodating. My only recommendation would be to have the staff a little more versed in "things to do" around St. Louis. Not being from the area, my husband and I were looking for a good restaurant and movie theatre and we ended up having to figure it out on our own. Other than that though, our stay was wonderful! We will continue to come back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie G
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your continued visits and for your review. It is great to hear that you are supporting our Cardinals ;) and that you will continue to stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to help you find a good restaurant/movie theater while you were visiting. I will look into how we can better our staff with knowing our surrounding areas better. If you ever do have questions though, please don't hesitate to come to the front desk. We have menu's, brochures, etc. for the local area, and will continue to expand our knowledge of the downtown area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Cedar Falls, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were very impressed from arrival through departure with the friendly helpful staff at this hotel. Room was clean and comfortable and amenities available were very nice. It was convenient to the attractions we wanted to see in the area and staff helped us with directions. Breakfast buffet was very nice and the cookies and milk at night made a nice treat for my granddaughter. The "cookie lady" was special!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for noting how clean and comfortable your found our rooms to be, and for your special comment about our cookie lady. She definitely loves having the opportunity to interact with all of our guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Your "Friendly Helpful Staff",

Harrisville, Utah
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I'm a diamond member with Hilton's and very picky about where I stay. I will be back here next time I am in the area!! Clean, awesome staff, great location and a good workout room. Very pleased I selected this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Wow. Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always great to hear back from our guest, especially our guest that travel a lot. You know the ins and out of hotels and to hear that you consider yourself to be picky about the places you stay, and are pleased that you chose us, means a lot to us. So thank you. We look forward to your next stay with us.

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!