“Excellent!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'll have to agree with all the other reviewers that love this hotel. We stayed on 1/23/2014, a Thurs night stay. We had a king suite, and it was clean, quiet, and the bed was very nice. Now, a suite at the Hampton is not the same as a suite at the Hilton, but it was still very nice. Free wifi, parking, & breakfast. The staff were all very friendly as well. We enjoyed our stay here, and look forward to coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Top floor!
Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you! It is great to know that you felt we lived up to the reviews and that you truly enjoyed your entire experience. Also, thank you for mentioning our Suites, they are a definitely a different set up. :) We have what we call King Studio Suites, which is a one room set up, with a King size bed on one side and a pull out couch on the other. There is a huge, open desk, that helps to divide the room, and is great for anyone that will be working while staying with us.
We can't wait till you next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Great time visiting friends..will definitely stay here again! The staff was great and accommodating! We needed help with directions and they found the best route for us and printed the directions! We will be back in Spring and plan to come back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with others. I am happy to hear that we were able to help you out with directions and that you were able to have fun visiting with your friends. We can't wait to see you in the Spring. Thanks again.

Your Hampton Staff,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hats off to the staff at Hampton I55 South. They were awesome. We were snowed in for an extra night and our stay couldn't have been better. The front desk, housekeeping, MOD and especially the evening "cookie lady" made our stay just wonderful despite the stressful situation. They even provided soup one evening that no one could get out. They even helped shovel us out when we could finally go. Many thanks and kudos to all!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your visit. I am so glad that you found everyone/everything to be so great, especially during that crazy snow storm. I am also glad that we were able to provide you with some soup in the evening so that you wouldn't have to try to trek out in all of that snow. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again, and hopefully in warmer weather. :)

Your St. Louis Hotel Staff,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed the weekend St. Louis got a foot of snow. Staff members brushed snow off all the cars in the parking lot. The hotel was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you found everyone to be friendly and helpful, and that we were able to help you out a little with the crazy snow storm that we had. We can't wait till your next visit with us, and hopefully with no snow ;).

Your Hampton Staff,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm always surprised when people complain about certain things. The hotel has very little control over noisey or heavy footed guests and if you want a four star breakfast go to a four star restaurant and pay for it! With that being said, I didn't have any issues with this hotel. I chose it because of the TA reviews. For the lower than average reviews, I had to assume they came from people who don't get out much. I am a little OCD about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and while I still wiped down handles, knobs, switches and the remote, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all about the cleanliness of my room. I didn't even throw the comforter in the corner of the room and forbid my son to touch it! The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was clean and there was no dirt or mold in the corners. I never had any problems with sleep or noise. The pool was clean and the chemicals were perfectly balanced and the toys were very appreciated by my son. The breakfast was good and FREE. My car windows were cleaned off after the snow storm. The cookies and milk were an added bonus. The lobby/breakfast area was gorgeous and very accomodating to the guests. I saw several families having gatherings in the area. I know I'm forgetting something, but I really can't say anything more than what others have said already. All of the "Excellent" reviews speak for themselves!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank J3201IGangelam

What a compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words. I, too, am very cautious when it comes to the cleanliness of the hotel that I am staying in, so it is great to know how comfortable you felt and how thorough you felt we are with our cleanliness. We have been recognized as one of the top cleanest Hampton Inns worldwide, but nothing is better than knowing that our guest can see that. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed everything from our breakfast, to our pool, all the way to our services, like cleaning off your car windows. We look forward to your next visit with us, and thank you again.

Your St. Louis Hampton Inn,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose this location for a brief St Louis visit almost solely on the TA reviews, and are very glad we did. It's an excellent property.

Our stay was on New Year's Eve, so we were very concerned that we might end up next to party rooms or something of that sort. We were thrilled to learn that our room was on the 4th floor, which was secured with elevator key access, so that no one who wasn't staying on the floor could access it. I think that helped keep the noise down. (Not that we didn't still hear a bit of it. But there wasn't any running up and down the halls happening.)

The breakfast setup was outstanding. And the location was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for bringing in the New Year with us and for sharing your experience with everyone. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our 4th floor security feature, and that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again soon.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Found this property after a long travel day from Mississippi. Natalie and Nancy made us feel at home from the minute we walked in; the cookies and milk at 8pm didn't hurt, either. My kids loved the pool; the toys there were a nice touch. Comfy beds, excellent rooms. A very "suite" place to stay!

Room Tip: Get to Exit 195 off I-55, and turn right. Likely EVERY room is a good room here!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for not only taking the time to write a review, but for mentioning Natalie & Nancy. I know that has put a smile on their faces. It is great to hear that you felt at home from the minute you walked in, and found the pool toys and cookies to be that extra touch that you needed. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

(314) 894-1900

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!