“great stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Jefferson city MO, United States
“great stay”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hats off to the staff at Hampton I55 South. They were awesome. We were snowed in for an extra night and our stay couldn't have been better. The front desk, housekeeping, MOD and especially the evening "cookie lady" made our stay just wonderful despite the stressful situation. They even provided soup one evening that no one could get out. They even helped shovel us out when we could finally go. Many thanks and kudos to all!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your visit. I am so glad that you found everyone/everything to be so great, especially during that crazy snow storm. I am also glad that we were able to provide you with some soup in the evening so that you wouldn't have to try to trek out in all of that snow. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again, and hopefully in warmer weather. :)

Your St. Louis Hotel Staff,

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed the weekend St. Louis got a foot of snow. Staff members brushed snow off all the cars in the parking lot. The hotel was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you found everyone to be friendly and helpful, and that we were able to help you out a little with the crazy snow storm that we had. We can't wait till your next visit with us, and hopefully with no snow ;).

Your Hampton Staff,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm always surprised when people complain about certain things. The hotel has very little control over noisey or heavy footed guests and if you want a four star breakfast go to a four star restaurant and pay for it! With that being said, I didn't have any issues with this hotel. I chose it because of the TA reviews. For the lower than average reviews, I had to assume they came from people who don't get out much. I am a little OCD about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and while I still wiped down handles, knobs, switches and the remote, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all about the cleanliness of my room. I didn't even throw the comforter in the corner of the room and forbid my son to touch it! The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was clean and there was no dirt or mold in the corners. I never had any problems with sleep or noise. The pool was clean and the chemicals were perfectly balanced and the toys were very appreciated by my son. The breakfast was good and FREE. My car windows were cleaned off after the snow storm. The cookies and milk were an added bonus. The lobby/breakfast area was gorgeous and very accomodating to the guests. I saw several families having gatherings in the area. I know I'm forgetting something, but I really can't say anything more than what others have said already. All of the "Excellent" reviews speak for themselves!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank J3201IGangelam
What a compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words. I, too, am very cautious when it comes to the cleanliness of the hotel that I am staying in, so it is great to know how comfortable you felt and how thorough you felt we are with our cleanliness. We have been recognized as one of the top cleanest Hampton Inns worldwide, but nothing is better than knowing that our guest can see that. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed everything from our breakfast, to our pool, all the way to our services, like cleaning off your car windows. We look forward to your next visit with us, and thank you again.

Your St. Louis Hampton Inn,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose this location for a brief St Louis visit almost solely on the TA reviews, and are very glad we did. It's an excellent property.

Our stay was on New Year's Eve, so we were very concerned that we might end up next to party rooms or something of that sort. We were thrilled to learn that our room was on the 4th floor, which was secured with elevator key access, so that no one who wasn't staying on the floor could access it. I think that helped keep the noise down. (Not that we didn't still hear a bit of it. But there wasn't any running up and down the halls happening.)

The breakfast setup was outstanding. And the location was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for bringing in the New Year with us and for sharing your experience with everyone. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our 4th floor security feature, and that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again soon.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Starkville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Found this property after a long travel day from Mississippi. Natalie and Nancy made us feel at home from the minute we walked in; the cookies and milk at 8pm didn't hurt, either. My kids loved the pool; the toys there were a nice touch. Comfy beds, excellent rooms. A very "suite" place to stay!

Room Tip: Get to Exit 195 off I-55, and turn right. Likely EVERY room is a good room here!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for not only taking the time to write a review, but for mentioning Natalie & Nancy. I know that has put a smile on their faces. It is great to hear that you felt at home from the minute you walked in, and found the pool toys and cookies to be that extra touch that you needed. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Prescott,AZ, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Absolutely & totally satisfied with our stay at this hotel. Very professional staff. This is the best run hotel in its class in which we have stayed. The cookies and cold milk at night was a "home run" with our grandchildren and ourselves.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is so great to hear that you were 100% Satisfied with your stay. Hampton Inns have a 100% guarantee, which means we want you 100% satisfied or we don't expect you to pay, so we wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for sharing your visit with everyone. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your Hotel with Cookies & Milk,

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on Jan 5th during the snow storm. KUDOS to the general manager Mr Dempsey and the hotel staff. They cleaned all the customers cars of the snow. My car was spotless without any snow after being parked in the parking lot for over 3 hours. Came to know that the general manager and the staff periodically take turns to clean all the cars and the parking lot. Never seen such a dedicated and fantastic hotel manager and staff in all my over 12 yrs of business travel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your stay on tripadvisor. I'm sorry that you had to travel during that crazy storm, but I'm glad you made it to us safely. I am also glad that Tom and everyone was able to make your stay comfortable and that we were able to help you out of our parking lot so that you could continue your travels. We hope to see you again, hopefully during better weather conditions ;).

Your "Awesome Staff",

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!