“Lived up to reviews”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
“Lived up to reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this location for a quick family trip/Cubs and Cards game. I usually go for the reviews verses location. This Hampton Inn was only 15 miles from the arch. Well worth the small drive. Could have been more pleased with all aspects. Totally lived up to the #1 Trip Advisor spot!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Kimberly T
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much! Our team will love to see that you feel that we lived up to the #1 Trip Advisor spot. I am also glad that you got to enjoy the Cardinals/Cubs game and that you found the drive into downtown short and simple. I hope that we will see you again, and sometime soon.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Ashley Vrtis
(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was outstanding! The staff were genuinely friendly & went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The hotel itself was clean & modern & the beds very comfortable! The cookies & milk before bed was yummy.. the quality of the breakfast was good & had plenty of choice. I wish there was a hotel this good in every town we stayed on this trip.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes defiantly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your visit with others, and for recommending us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to the hotel itself. And I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our cookie hour. What better way to end a night, right. :) I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you guys again.

Your Outstanding Hotel,

West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed again this year on a family trip. We have no reason to stay anywhere else on the south side of St. Louis. The entire hotel was exceptionally clean, rooms..hallways..lobby...etc. The breakfast selection was great and the staff was very courteous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
That just brought a smile to my face to read that you feel we are the place to stay in St. Louis. It was great having your family back this year, and it's great to know you feel it still is looking new. We look forward to seeing your family again next year and catching up.

Your Hampton Family,

Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

What an awesome hotel! We booked here based on all the excellent reviews, and now we see why! The customer service here is top notch, everyone was extremely nice and helpful. When passing any employee anywhere in the hotel they would always stop to ask if you are enjoying your stay and if they could do anything to make it better. We ended up deciding to go up a day earlier than we had reservations for. We called the Hampton Inn main hotline and they explained since we booked online they could not help us. We called the hotel directly and they were more than happy to help us book 2 rooms for an additional night. The breakfast is the best continental breakfast i've ever seen. They have waffle irons, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal and also the standard cereal and pastries. They go above and beyond here to make sure you feel at home. This will definitely be where we stay from now on anytime we go back to St Louis. They leave post it notes in the room letting you know that your duvet cover and sheets have been changed and a card is left every day with the name of the person who cleaned your room. Great experience! Highly recommend them! You can tell customer service is their priority. We have had family stay in 4 star hotels downtown that didn't come anywhere close to the customer service here. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Both were kept extremely clean and there are towels put out on the pool chairs every day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wow... Thank you so much. That is so nice of you to say that 4 star hotels didn't come close to our service... That is just so kind. We do have an amazing staff here who truly loves what they do. Because of them and because of guest like you, we have received the Connie Award which named us the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites worldwide. It is also great to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. I know our breakfast hostess work hard to make it the best that it can be, and they love hearing feedback. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Mechanicsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the nicest Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. We stayed in the King Studio which had plenty of room and was nicely decorated. It had a desk that acted as a room divider between the bedroom and sitting area with a TV that could be swiveled back and forth. The room was exceptionally clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback is that it is some distance from downtown St. Louis (about 20 minutes), but there are some nice restaurants nearby. They have your average free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ferd R
Thank you so much for sharing your stay on tripadvisor, and thank you for your awesome description of our room set up. It is sometimes hard to describe the set up of our King Studio Suites, but you hit it on the head. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and that you found everything to be so clean. We have an amazing housekeeping staff that has a great eye for detail, and just an awesome staff in general, that truly loves what they do. I hope that we will get to see you again, sometime in the near future.

Your Clean & Excellent Hotel,

Benton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

ee booked this hampton based on availability (Cards vs Cubs games downtown) and good reviewson tripadvisor. The staff was very nice and offered my son a toy of his choice from a treasure chest at check in. We had the pool to ourselves and everything was very clean. A quick call to the desk from the pool room and someone brought a bunch of pool toys. The only opportunity durring our stay was the crazy person above us on the fourth floor. the staff expressed their concern when i called down to complain. fortunatly my little guy stayed asleep. I know the hotel must hate that rude behavior as well and it isn't their fault. Free breakfast was good as usual and helps to make the stay a better value . fresh baked cookies and milk at 8pm was a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: try for the top floor to avoid noise. many dining choices a few exits south on I-55 in Arnold.
1 Thank nathan e
First I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Secondly I want to apologize again for the noise disturbance that you experienced. We never want anyone to experience that. If there is any way that we can make that up to you, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our cookie hour and that your kids were able to grab a toy at check in along with using our pool toys. What fun is swimming in a pool without some noodles. :) I hope that we will get the opportunity to see you and your family again, and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel was immaculate, service was fantastic! We stayed 3 nights and were very impressed with hotel staff and cleanliness of room and entire facility. Breakfast was good, and my wife and I enjoyed the "cookie" time each night.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BG_LYNN2013
Thank you for sharing your visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our service to be FANTASTIC :) and that everything was immaculate. We have an amazing staff that works hard to achieve that, and there is nothing better than to know our guest feel that we are achieving that goal.

Again, thank you for sharing your visit, and I hope that we will get to see you again.

Hospitably,

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#3 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!