“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel was immaculate, service was fantastic! We stayed 3 nights and were very impressed with hotel staff and cleanliness of room and entire facility. Breakfast was good, and my wife and I enjoyed the "cookie" time each night.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BG_LYNN2013
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our service to be FANTASTIC :) and that everything was immaculate. We have an amazing staff that works hard to achieve that, and there is nothing better than to know our guest feel that we are achieving that goal.

Again, thank you for sharing your visit, and I hope that we will get to see you again.

Hospitably,

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Brookfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to anyone. I travel a lot and I've never received this quality of customer service from every person on staff as I did at this Hampton Inn. They have some sort of recipe for happiness here and it made me look forward to coming home every night -- cuz it felt like coming home. In addition, the facility is beautiful. GREAT Fitness Center for a smaller hotel and awesome breakfasts! You won't regret choosing this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I absolutely love that you said we have a recipe for happiness here. We all just truly love what we do, and have a heart for people. We want everyone here to be treated how we would want ourselves and our families treated, and it is great to hear that you felt that. I am also glad to hear that we were able to be a home away from home for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Your Hampton Family,

Nashville, TN, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

The whole experience was top notch, from the cleanliness of the room to the hotel staff and the awesome complementary breakfast. The location was easy off and on to I-55 and convenient to the places we needed to go during our visit to St. Louis. It was also located near shopping centers and good restaurants. Definitely a hotel I would use again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Janice O
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to know that you found everything to be top notch, and we can't wait to see you again during your next trip to St. Louis.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We flew into STL, and I had reserved a room at this hotel due to the online reviews. They were spot-on. The hotel is not downtown, but just a short, 15' drive from downtown. The pretty extensive freeway system there makes it very easy to get around. Our friends stayed at a hotel in Creve Coeur. That hotel was awful compared to this one.
The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was very clean. I have stayed at another Hampton, about the same age as this hotel, and the rooms here were smaller, but still roomy.
The hotel staff was very friendly and did not seem disingenuous, like many hospitality staff. The warm cookies and cold milk in the evening were enjoyed by my boyfriend. The cookies are baked Otis Spunkmeier, but good. They also have flavored water at all times in the lobby, as well as some fresh fruit. Teas & coffees also are always available in lobby. The hot tub and pool appeared clean. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LittleFeet1018
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be spot on from what other guest reviews have stated. We have an awesome staff here who truly loves their jobs, so it is great to hear that you found everyone here to be genuinely friendly. We hope that we will get the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Overland Park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was FAR nicer than we were expecting. Very modern and comfortable. The beds were great with plenty of pillows and down comforters. Signs in the room and the elevators state that they wash the comforters after every stay and they seemed to be fresh and clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower spacious with great water pressure. The complimentary breakfast had the typical bagels, cereal and self serve waffles, but it ALSO included scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage. Was very good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed everything so much from our clean/modern rooms, to our complimentary breakfast, and awesome staff. We are very proud of our property, and we try to keep it looking brand new. Because of this dedication, we have won the Sparkle Award which states that we are the cleanest Hampton Inn, and the Connie Award which named us #1 worldwide overall. I hope that we will get to see you again in the near future.

With Hamptonality,

Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in St. Louis, Missouri (Tuesday, September 10, 2013). We were traveling back home from a 3 day stay in Branson, Missouri and decided to break up the 9 hour drive home by staying overnight in St. Louis. When choosing a hotel I always look to Tripadvisor for reviews of any property I am considering. I always take a review with a grain of salt given that everyone has different views on what is important to them and has different likes and dislikes. We choose this location based on it consistently being number one in the St. Louis area (and my sister belongs to the Hilton Honors club so she get points!). And all the reviews were dead on about this particular hotel. The staff is fabulous and the hotel is fairly new - I believe about 3 years old. It is beautifully maintained and everywhere in the hotel was spotlessly clean, especially the rooms. We had a 2 queen bed room and the beds were wonderul - we both slept very well. We inquired about the mattresses and were told they could be bought on-line but were expensive. I checked and a queen runs around $1600.00 which is high but after a good night's sleep, something to consider. Other features that we took advantage of include a great exercise room with good equipment, the warm cookies and milk at night (just delicious) and the wonderful hot breakfast in the morning with a variety of options. The only problem I had was with the hot oatmeal. It was pretty runny and tasted bland. I know when making hot cereal you need to add a pinch of salt to help with the flavor and maybe less water when it is made. But other than that, the stay was wonderful and we would love to stay here again if passing through St. Louis. Stay here, you will not be sorry!.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an awesome review. I am so glad that you and your sister decided to stop and stay with us, and that you found we lived up to the hype :). We are coming up on our 3 year mark around Thanksgiving, and it is always good to hear that everything is still looking fairly new. I am also glad to hear that you both had a wonderful night’s sleep, along with enjoying the cookie hour, fitness room, and our hot complimentary breakfast. We hope that we will get the opportunity to see you again.

Hospitably,

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is at least my 4 stay at this hotel and every time it has been great. The rooms are always immaculate and the beds are very comfortable to sleep in. The staff always greets you with a smile, great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for always choosing to stay with us for your trips to St. Louis, and thank you for sharing your stays on tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you find everything so clean and comfortable, and that our staff is so welcoming. We look forward to your next trip in St. Louis.

Your St. Louis Home away from Home,

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#3 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,183 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!