Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Lodge(Sunset Hills)
1,433 results
All reviewscookies and milksympathy cardcookie hourpool toysevening cookiesthe cookie ladygreat hotelking suiteclean hoteleasy accessst louispool and hot tubwould highly recommend this hoteloatmealgrandmainnscleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Location was ideal. We were able to escape the congestion of downtown but able to get to all that Saint Louis has to offer in minutes with a very manageable commute. Atmosphere and condition were top of the line. Staff was extremely hospitable and attentive. We very much appreciated evening cookies and milk and bountiful breakfasts. Well done Hampton! Well done staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

First I want to thank you for sharing your review. I too agree that we are in a great location for visiting St. Louis. Just like you described, we get to stay out of the congestion of downtown, but it’s only about a 15 minute drive to hit the downtown attractions. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that we will get to see you again, sometime in the near future.

Hospitably,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Customer service was outstanding. Management provided us with two tickets to the St. Louis Cardinals baseball game so that our whole family could go (we already had two tickets), which was far above anything we could have asked for.

Location was convenient and breakfast was good. Just be aware that the suites are studio suites and have an open floor plan. This can be challenging if traveling with family and one member has to get up early for business.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor rooms are quieter. Suites are studio style with open floor plan.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MachelleDykstra
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

What a compliment. Thank you so much for sharing your stay with everyone on tripadvisor. I am glad you were able to enjoy an awesome Cardinals game. Our corporation has season tickets that they use, but when someone in our corporate can’t make a game, they do everything they can to make sure that they don’t go to waste. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that we will get the opportunity to see you again.

Hospitably,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Due to TripAdvisor's rules, I've had to wait 3 months to write this review on this top-notch hotel. A week after I stayed here, I stayed a 2nd time, on my return trip. Starting with Michael, Alice and Jordan (it was his last day) at check-in, the experience was fantastic. They managed to give me the same room I'd loved on my 1st stay. Bethany cleaned the room and, of course, it was immaculate! This time around, I asked the Cookie Lady her name, it's Linda. Talking with her made me feel like I was coming home again. I met fellow travelers Wendy and Mike from Minneapolis. They were on their way to Orlando and stayed here, along with Mike's parents, because of the wonderful reviews. We had a great time over cookies and milk. This is just the BEST hotel I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at a lot over the years. Next time I pass through St. Louis, I'm bringing my wife and letting her share this wonderful experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Wow, well thank you for waiting and coming back to share your visits with others. I am sorry that they made you wait. I do want to say thank you for mentioning specific names. We all love reading reviews, but it always stands out a little more when someone remembers their name, so thank you. We look forward to seeing you again, and to meet your wife.

Your home away from home,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

From arrival to departure, we were amazed at the level of service and the family approached treatment from the staff. We look forward to returning soon! The staff had a file cabinet with directions for every business within the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you felt like part of our Hampton Family. I know it can sound corny, but we truly love getting to know people and just hanging out with everyone like they are our friends and family. We all have family that travel, and we want to treat everyone how we would want our family treated. I am happy that you felt that.

Your Hampton Family,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Others' reviews don't lie...this place is a true gem. At a reasonable price, we stayed in one of the cleanest and most comfortable hotels we've ever stayed in, with service and staff that went above expectations at all times.

First, let's discuss the facilities. This hotel seemed brand new; the rooms and common areas were all nicely decorated with sleek lines and contemporary designs. The carpets and furniture were in excellent shape -- almost as if they're not used. The whole place was impeccably clean, even during busy times like breakfast and cookie reception.

Second, the staff was fabulous! Each person made us feel like we were the only guests in the place. They were very attentive, took the time to know our names (and used them to address us whenever we ran into them) and extremely helpful with recommendations for restaurants and local sites to visit. They also did so without being intrusive --they were just genuinely warm and obviously enjoyed what thy were doing. The daily milk and cookie reception was a nice and simple touch -- one that we looked forward to every evening...seriously, who wouldn't appreciate freshly baked warm cookies and cold milk, while cuddling up with their families on a nice break? Though we can't remember now the "cookie lady's" name, we vividly remember how friendly and sweet she was. During our first night, we needed dishwashing liquid to wash baby bottles in our room, and front desk quickly offered us a small bottle of detergent that they use on site. We really appreciated that -- they saved us a trip to the store late at night. They also set up a nice little egg hunt for little kids staying there on Easter. Our little preschooler loved that!

For a family of four (2 adults, 1 preschooler and 1 infant), we stayed in a king studio suite. It was nice and spacious, and the wet bar area was especially convenient for tending to our kids' needs. There was plenty of room for all of us, including our luggage and the baby bed we brought in. The pool area and fitness center were well maintained, and the exercise equipment was up-to-date.

Location is pretty good. It's about 5 minutes away from a major shopping area, so it's close to a good selection of restaurants as well. While staying at this place, we visited The St. Louis Zoo, the Missouri Botanical Garden and the Magic House, all within a 20 minute drive from the hotel. We stayed in a downtown St. Louis hotel during this trip as well, and the drive times to those attractions were roughly the same.

Overall, this hotel offers value that will be tough to match. Great service in a nice and comfortable setting.

Ashley at the front desk was amazing!

Room Tip: The studio suite are nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MariaLou22

Wow! That’s about all I can say is, wow. Thank you so much for all that you shared. I know writing a review can take some time, but you have put a smile on all our faces. Thank you. We all take great pride in our jobs and our property and want to keep it looking new for as long as possible, so I am happy to hear that you felt it still feels new. We just hit our 2 year mark Thanksgiving of 2012. With that in mind, we have also received 2 great awards. One is the Sparkle Award that recognizes us as the #1 cleanest Hampton Inn Worldwide, and the second one is the Connie Award. The Connie Award is given to the top 4 Hampton Inn & Suites worldwide, and we received the #1 spot. But the awards are not why we do what we do. We love people. We love to help, get to know you, and we love making friends with people. It’s so great when people return and we can catch up on everything that has happened since the last time we saw them, and hopefully we will be catching up with you guys soon. :) Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule, and we can’t wait to see you again.

Your Hampton Family,