“The reviews don't lie!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Chicago, IL
“The reviews don't lie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son and I stayed here for two nights over spring break. I chose this hotel based on all of the excellent reviews here on tripadvisor. My criteria for choosing a hotel are 1) cleanliness and 2) cost. This Hampton Inn met both and did so very well.

It is about a 15 minute drive from downtown, but we had our car so that wasn't an issue for us.

The staff is unbelievably friendly, courteous, and helpful. I am so grateful to the front desk attendant who suggested that I purchase our tickets to the Arch beforehand. She told us, and I was not aware of this, that tickets can sell out. I purchased the tickets from the office center right there in the hotel, and was so glad I did. When we got to the Arch the next morning, by about 9:30 am, there was a short line. By the time we left, at about 11:30 am, the line wrapped around the park.

The breakfast food was your typical "Inn" type food. It wasn't great, but I really appreciate having breakfast included in the price of the room. It saves you time and money.

Our room was extremely clean and comfortable.

I will say this. Our room only had a shower, no tub, which is not a problem. We prefer showers; however, the drain in the middle of the shower dipped down pretty drastically. With the slippery, soapy water you could easily lose your balance and fall. There was a grab bar on the wall, which was helpful, but I would be worried about older guests or guests who do not have good balance falling. Having said that that would not affect my decision to stay here. I would most definitely choose to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone planning on staying in or near Saint Louis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear that we surpassed your 2 most important criteria, and some. :) I hope you enjoyed all the St. Louis activities, and I am so glad that you didn’t have to wait in that line for arch tickets.

I hope that we will get to see you and your son sometime in the near future.

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this property due to the great reviews, but due to being able to clearly hear the adjoining room and all of their chatter, including continuous foul language even by the children, my lasting impression will not be the delicious cookies that Linda made or the great breakfast but the noise while I was trying to sleep after a long day on the road. I've never stayed anywhere with thinner walls. I still give them a "very good" based on everything else and would recommend you stay there if in St Louis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I first want to start out by saying thank you for taking the time out to share your stay with others. We take noise issues very serious around here, and when we become aware of a problem we try to take action and stop any disturbance. Unfortunately this was not the case during your visit, and I am truly sorry for that. We always ask that if there is ever a problem during your stay to let us know, especially in situations like yours, because if you heard it chances are you weren’t the only one. I hate that this is how you will remember us, and I truly hope that we will have a chance to show you how great we are. If there is any way that we can make it up to you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is special. A very welcoming and caring staff. We were here for a family funeral. They showed respect and did many extra things that were not expected. A sympathy card left in our room! This make my wife and I feel very special. Come experience we caring service at a great property in a prime location.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Again, I’m sorry that, that was the reason that brought you to St. Louis, but I hope we will get a chance to see you and your family some other time. And thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad we could help a little in a time of need. If ever there is something else that we can help you with, please don’t ever hesitate to give us a ring.

Your home away from home,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at Mehlville Hampton Inn and Suites. The staff at the front desk is outstanding! Friendly, always ready to help in any way.The maid service did a super job also. Lovely hotel in every way. "They Do It Right" "A Class Act" Thank You for a perfect stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us. I am delighted to hear that your stays have been outstanding in every way. We strive for consistency so it’s great when our return guests feel that consistency. We can’t wait to see you for your 3rd visit. Thank you again.

Your St. Louis Place to stay,

Fennville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have paid a lot more money for a lot less. The ladies at the desk, the immaculate rooms, the warm cookies in the evening, the amazing service, this is a winning combination! Every hotel, every other Hampton should take note.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much! Our staff truly loves what we do. We have so much fun helping, chit chatting, and getting to know you over a cup of cold milk and warm cookies. I hope we get to be your hotel of choice next time you visit the St. Louis area.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here after a long day of traveling home to Minnesota from Alabama. This is a great hotel! Staff was awesome! Beds & linens amazing! Beautiful decor, clean and great breakfast!! Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you! It’s always so nice to hear from guest about their stay, and to know how awesome you guys thought everything was, just puts a smile on my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We hope to see you again.

Greensboro, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We love Hampton Inn's they are always the best places to stay, but this location is the best of the best. The staff is incredible and eager to do anything in helping to make your stay perfect. Our experience began when we contacted the Hotel to make a reservation, Tom handled our reservation and he provided us with incredible accommodations. We requested a king suite that would be quiet and we were not disappointed, the room was beautiful. It was one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in, including Inns or B&B's. We arrived early in the morning not expecting to check in but Tom made that possible. Unfortunately, we had to cut our stay short a day and leave really early the next morning, Tom made sure that we were given a breafast to take with us. Thank you to all of the staff, you are the best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. Perfect is what we strive for, and we all learn from Tom. You may have not known this, but Tom is actually our General Manager. He is in it right beside us and would never ask any of us to do anything that he wouldn’t do. He is the first to take out trash, scrape snow off of windows, wiped down tables, answer phones, etc… but most importantly he truly has a heart for people and it spreads to all of his employees, and to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your rave review. We hope to be seeing you again sometime in the near future.

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#3 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!