“Pleased in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
MN
“Pleased in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were a walk-in late in the evening during a road trip. The staff was very helpful. We couldn't seem to find a hotel room available anywhere, but they were a little pricey for us. The staff actually called around sister sites checking to see if they had cheaper, less expensive rooms elsewhere. We ended up staying here in a king suite with a fold out sofa-bed. The room was excellent! Clean and spacious. Bed was super comfortable. Most hotels don't wash the bedspreads regularly;however, this facility does, and it would have been obvious otherwise because it was a bright white bedspread. I did not hear any neighbors through our walls. Breakfast was good. What I was most impressed with was the staff. Very friendly and helpful! I had little children with me. As we were checking in, a staff member actually came out from behind her desk and asked if I needed help with anything, asked if I needed milk for the baby, and offered cookies to the little ones. I was blown away. To have someone actually come from behind the desk and check on us was great service--something that is so rare. I would stay here again in a second! I have never been so pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank daisymb
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your astounding review. We have the best housekeeping staff that I have ever met, and because of that we have received the Sparkle Award for 2012. It states, that we have been recognized as the #1 cleanest Hampton Inn worldwide, and we are shooting to receive it at the end of this year as well. On top of that, we also have received the Connie Award, and have been recognized as the #1 Hampton Inn worldwide, in every aspect. We take great pride in what we do, and it just puts a smile on our faces to know that our guest feel the way that you have described.

Thank you, and we hope to see you again.

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kirksville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was by far, the most attractive and cleanest in which we have stayed. The decor was lovely in our room, and had all of the amenities that anyone could want. The heating/air conditioning unit worked perfectly and was extremely quiet ( which is not true in many hotels). Breakfast was delicious, and the cookies in the evening were a surprise treat. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. All questions were answered promptly, and with a smiles on their faces. They really seemed happy to be working in such a fine hotel. Any other trips to St. Louis will start with this hotel. It comes with the highest recommendation from us, and is 5 star.

Room Tip: I expect that all of the rooms are of the same superior quality, design, and cleanliness. Our room w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jody B
Wow! Thank you so much for the compliments. We all love what we do and we all work hard in hopes that everyone feels the way that you do. I am happy to see that enjoyed everything from our breakfast to even our heating/air conditioners. :) Thank you for deciding to make our hotel your St. Louis home away from home.

Hospitably,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We brought our 2 boys to St. Louis for spring break. This hotel has the best staff I've ever seen! They were always smiling and seemed genuinely happy to work there. The indoor pool is very nice and clean. Upon our arrival, the boys picked a toy from the treasure chest. They had freshly baked cookies and milk every night at 8. Our housekeepers went above & beyond. The room was spotless. They even arranged the boys' toys and used our son's Batman accessories to decorate the bed. I've never taken the time to write a review, but this hotel deserves it!

3 Thank algipson
First I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I know it can be time consuming and it’s definitely not something you do regularly. So, thank you for sharing your St. Louis visit with everyone.

I am so glad that you guys had fun on your spring break. And I think you hit it on the head… We all really are happy to work here. We love making people happy, helping them make memories with their family, and we love getting to make friends with our guest and making them part of our extended family.

We are always looking for ways to go above and beyond. We have found our little treasure chest at check in is a huge hit along with our pool toys, and our housekeepers love tucking teddy bears into beds as they clean.

We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis sometime soon.

Your Hampton Staff,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

You were always greeted with a friendly hello when you walked past any hotel staff. Rooms were very clean. Enjoyed my stay there and felt very welcomed there and will stay there again if I'm back in St. Louis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt so welcomed. I am also glad that you felt that the rooms were very clean. We have the best housekeeping staff that I have ever seen, and each employee here takes great pride in our work. So, thank you for sharing that with everyone on trip advisor.

Hoping to see you again,

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here on our first adventure to St Louis for the boys spring break. Very nice decor, comfortable,and clean. All A's on my list. The staff was amazing, they made you feel welcomed. They made you feel like home away from home, told you about the places to see and all the fun things to do...loaded us up with attraction brochures. A special thanks to Bethany, Tracey, the other night manager and the cookies and milk hostesses. We will be back and we highly recommend this hotel . The Solomons

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacobia S
I first want to say thank you for your kind words, and for specifically mentioning Bethany and Tracy. Nothing lifts our spirits like our guest remembering our names. I am so glad that you enjoyed your first adventure to St. Louis, and that we were able to give you good ideas of the places to hit around the area. We always try to have brochures, directions, and menu’s readily available to help out when it comes to figuring out what to do with the day. We can’t wait to see you again.

Your home away from home,

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to New Orleans. Very easy access of I-55. My 2 boys enjoyed the pool and the milk & cookie "happy hour" in the evening. Complimentary lemon ice water, coffee, and teas available which was really nice after a long day of driving. Front desk staff and cookie hostess were extremely friendly & helpful! Room was fine for one night. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning was one of the best we have had. Plenty of options! Hotel staff opened up a conference room for additional seating and put WallE movie on for kiddos. Was a very nice amenity.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to share our hotel with others. I am so glad that you found our amenities and staff to be so welcoming. I want to also say thank you for all the great pictures that you took and shared. It always helps show others our hotel when guest take pictures from their stay.

I hope that we will get to see you and your boys again.

Best Regards,

Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here on the way to Arkansas and this is a great hotel. Clean rooms and great breakfast make rhis an excellent choice. Just down the road from The Hill and Ted Drewes. Excellent service. And highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your high recommendation. I agree that our location is great for the St. Louis area. We are about 15 minutes south of Downtown and maybe 20 minutes from The Hill and Forest Park. It allows for you to get in and out of the downtown areas and see all the main attractions.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Hospitably,

Ashley Vrtis
Front Desk Supervisor

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#3 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,190 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!