My husband and I both read great reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor. Can a midprice-hotel, 15 minutes drive from the the center of STL, really be the best in this town? We chose to stay here partly because we wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We stayed for 2 nights. The first night we got a whirlpool suite. The whirlpool is about twice as wide as a regular tub. It's in the bathroom. The suite is a bigger room than the standard room, but there is no door between the sitting area and the bed. The sink is outside the bathroom. The sitting area has a couch and a desk and chair. The second night, we stayed in a standard room because the whirlpool rooms were not available. The standard room has no separate sitting area, but it has an arm chair, desk, fridge and microwave and the other usual hotel amenities. There is no tub, but a larger than usual shower. In both rooms, the beds are comfortable and the linens and duvet covers were above average. Otherwise, I didn't think the whirlpool suite was significantly better to warrant the extra cost, compared to the standard room. The breakfast was the usual hotel fare, the gym was nice and we had it all to ourselves. We didn't use the pool, or hot tub, but both looked fine. So what's so special about this hotel? Well, the staff seem to really take pride in keeping the place spotless. Everywhere you look, someone is wiping down something. One time I saw 3 people working on what looked like a spill on the carpet in the hallway. The staff seem really friendly. The location felt safe. The beds are comfortable, with extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Everything is really clean. I'm writing in the present tense, because I won't check out till tomorrow. I wanted to write this review before I forgot all the details! I've stayed in a Drury Inn closer to town which was also pretty nice. This feels like a safer part of town. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 is located just outside of St. Louis with easy access to downtown. The hotel is located near Anheuser Busch Brewery, which offers tours and tastings daily. Guests can enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South i-55 Hotel Mehlville
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Louis/South i-55
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 Saint Louis, MO