New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mehlville
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Hampton in country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I seriously cannot say enough about this property. The employees are unreal. I had two guys help me scrape the ice from my car this morning. They actually were scraping the ice off every car in the lot. You will not even get that service at a 5-star property. The customer service is the best out of any property I visit and I travel around the country weekly. The rooms are quiet. The rooms are CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. The management and employees take a lot of pride in running this property and you can tell it is a team effort.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is in impeccable shape. The rooms are nice and clean and updated as is the rest of the hotel. Incredibly friendly staff that were sincere in their comments and questions. I have stayed at hampton's all over the country and this is by far the best around. Kudos to the management team for all of their hard work and dedication - it is obvious you really care about your guests.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has a key only access in the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

...and it was a wise choice!

Very friendly staff! Some of the best staff I've seen at a hotel in a long time. We used stay in Hampton Inn hotels when they first came around but found them falling short on quality very quickly. We haven't stayed in one for many years so I was hesitant but trusted TA reviewers enough to try it again. They came through on this one.

The breakfast is good. I'd give it 4 out of 5 for that. Biscuits were a little hard and powder eggs weren't the best but everything else was great. The oatmeal and instant orange juice (machine) were particularly excellent.

The rooms are very nicely decorated. Love the mood lighting above the window wall/cabinets! The bathrooms were very clean and nice. If I were to complain about something it's how hollow the floors are between the rooms. It's wood/steel and not solid concrete so you can hear people above you walking. The other very minor thing was I didn't like how you couldn't force the a/c to constantly blow on high speed fan instead of just auto fan. I like room white noise when i sleep. Good thing I brought my travel fan.

The double bed rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave so that's nice. The flat screen tv is nice and has hookups for those that like to bring their own DVD player, iPhone, or gaming system. I noticed it had component type (red/white/yellow) connections. I didn't get a chance to see if it had composite or HDMI or USB. sorry.

The hotel is south of town but its worth it just to stay away from the craziness. It's an easy place to get to and just as easy to hop right on 55 to go north or south. There is no highway noise on the east side. Not sure about the west but I doubt any noise there too.

I'm still overwhelmed on the nice staff! This hotel is a great choice! We will certainly return.

If you need a hotel closer in town the Homewood Suites at the Galleria is a great choice on a non-holiday weekend. The staff is super nice and all the nice major chain restaurants are close by, Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Don't stay on a holiday weekend cause the breakfast is swamped! Too small of space and not enough staff to work it. Other than that its a great place too.

Hope I helped ya!

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Studio-Steve
SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Without question, the best Hampton I've ever stayed in.
Building, service, rooms, all of it the best.

When have you ever stayed in a hotel that scrapped your car windows everyornimg before you left?

Simply the best!!!!

Utica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at hotel for a week during a business trip. The hotel and rooms were very clean. The staff were so friendly; we were greeted everytime when passing thru the lobby and by the staff in the breakfast area. The rooms were spacious and the shower was great! Warm cookies and milk every night at 8 pm was an extra treat and Linda who served the cookies was wonderful. One morning there was a frost and the staff scraped every car in the parking lot. I cannot say enough about this place. I have stayed at many places, but this hotel is the one that has exceeded all the others by far.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I do believe you get a good quality with Hamptons in general. Most (ok, not all) are clean, kept up well, etc. This one is about two years all, so it is super nice. But what makes this hotel stand out from all the other Hamptons is their staff. Their front desk staff takes the time to really get to know their clients. I am by no means "a regular" there. I think I have only been there twice before, but recognized me, made me feel welcome and generally took care of me and anyone else who is a client there. I had to admit I was impressed by their care.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

From the above and beyond friendliness of the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby, this is probably hands down one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed in in America and we've stayed in MANY.
Security guard at night but only served as a help- the area is very safe. Close to shopping and to several quaint small towns that border St Louis. Loved staying here and we will be back, guaranteed
15 -20 minutes from downtown, depending on traffic.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Forest Park
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.5 of 5 stars 608 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!