“The best hotel & staff we have ever encountered, and we travel a lot!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel itself is only a few months old, which was very nice, but the most awesome part was the staff! Jacob, at the front desk, remembered a conversation we had had when I booked the room weeks earlier. And to top it all off, there was a card slipped under our door the first morning, signed by several staff members to my husband who had just recovered from cancer surgery. Not just their names, but long, heartfelt messages. On the morning of Father's Day my husband and I went down for breakfast. Every staff member we passed, and there must have been at least ten, greeted him with a "Happy Father's Day!" and then during breakfast, he and all the other fathers were given a tall glass mug for a gift. They are an incredible staff, they really now how to treat you! We will definitely stay here next year when we visit family!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

We were all honored you chose to stay at our hotel over Father's Day weekend. Your husband’s story is an encouraging one for the masses! We wish you and your family only the best and look forward to seeing you all again someday.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Everything about this hotel is top notch. The decor is very up to date and extremely clean. The pool area was wonderful. The staff is very professional and helpful. Every employee we encountered wanted to make sure we were comfortable. On our next trip to St. Louis, we will be staying at this location again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

We greatly appreciate your kind thoughts about our hotel! It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I don't know when it was built, but it appeats to be brand new. Rooms were beautiful and include a microwave and small fridge. Very clean, fresh, and bright. Staff was extremely friendly. 15 minute drive to Arch but an easy drive.

1  Thank forwhite
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let others know what you thought of our hotel. You are correct, we are brand new! We opened just before the begining of 2011. We hope to have you back at our hotel during your next visit to St. Louis.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We chose this particular hotel largely based off of the TripAdvisor reviews, and we were not one bit disappointed! My husband and I, 2 daughters and their husbands and 4 grandchildren had a total of 3 king suite rooms for 2 nights during our long weekend family trip to St. Louis. The location worked very well for us, we prefer to stay outside of downtown but it was close enough to the places that we visited that it was very convenient.

The front desk person was so friendly and professional and handled our billing requests just as we asked him to. The facility and grounds are beautiful, very clean and welcoming. We were so pleased with our rooms - again, very clean and welcoming and spacious. I was surprised that the bathroom wasn't a bit bigger, that would have been a nice touch. We had our 12 yr old grandson in our room with us, and really appreciated the sink/powder area being outside of the bathroom. Spacious closet and the mirrored doors helped when we were getting dressed to go out. The bed - aaaahhhh, the bed! It was so comfortable - love the Hampton Inn bedding! Grandson said the sleeper sofa was also comfortable. The separate bar, complete with small sink, microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot was very handy. The desk area divides the sitting area from the bed area and we found it very convenient.

We used many of the available amenities - the internet was consistently good, the pool was clean and refreshing. The business center came in handy to print a coupon for an area restaurant that we visited. Some of us used the fitness room and it had a nice selection of equipment.

The complimentary breakfast was very good - eggs, biscuits and gravy, ham or sausage, cold and hot cereals, waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt...a nice selection with something for everyone. We like to eat breakfast at the hotel especially when traveling with the grandkids because it is so much easier than trying to decide on a restaurant and get everyone there at the same time! Both mornings, my husband and I headed down around 7:00 to relax with a cup of coffee and a leisurely breakfast before the rest of our crew filtered in. There was always plenty of seating and the breakfast attendant was fantastic - so pleasant and accommodating, always replenishing and freshening up the serving area and checking on guests.

We also enjoyed the milk and freshly baked cookies in the evening, very nice touch. All of the staff was extremely friendly - very impressive! They really made us feel welcome. The housekeeping staff was amazing...she went out of her way to make sure the children were happy and left coloring pages for all of them.

This hotel is an excellent choice if you are planning a visit to the St. Louis area - you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor rooms and found them to be quiet.
4  Thank justus0875
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2011

Your review was very generous! Thank you for taking time to expound upon your experience at our hotel. Hopefully, your family can plan another trip to our hotel soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Clean, amazing, and quality you would expect at the best of the best. The staff is great and go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. This place is so good I could not find a speck of dirt in the room.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Chicagoburgsfamily

We are glad you felt at home during your stay. We have a great staff, from housekeeping to front desk and we appreciate your recognition! We hope you will visit your home away from home when in St. Louis.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I recently needed to get a hotel for 18 people on a tour I was in charge of. This hotel was easily the best we stayed at on our trip while still being the cheapest. We arrived later than I had anticipated, but they still kept enough staff around so that the whole group was checked in very quickly. The cleanliness and styling of the interiors and rooms was like that of a much higher priced and starred hotel. This will definitely be my hotel of choice in the St. Louis area. The only drawback was that we got there late and had to leave pretty early.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank dmcdta

We appreciate that your group chose to stay with us! The group was a breeze to take care of and we wish you could have stayed with us longer than one night. I am glad you all enjoyed your steak dinner before arriving late that night. We hope to see you again soon, Mr. D.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights while in town looking at colleges. We specifically selected this hotel based on other favorable ratings on this site. We found all of the staff from the front desk clerks to the housekeepers and cooks warm, welcoming, and friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in making our stay comfortable. Check in was a breeze, and our room was immaculate. Breakfasts were more than adequate, with more than one hot, fresh-prepared option available each morning. Coming back in the evening to the smell of fresh-baked cookies in the evening was the perfect end to the day. Our children enjoyed the indoor pool, too.

Our only complaint was the room temperature control. Set at 72 was too cold, set at 73 was too hot. If ever in the St. Louis area again, we would definitely return to this hotel!

3  Thank Starlight70

We value your thorough and thoughtful review of our hotel. I do however apologize about the problems you experienced with your HVAC unit and I will be sure to have that looked at by our maintenance department. We wish the high school graduate the best of luck in finding the perfect college for them!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!