“Just the ticket ”

Sultan Balti Palace
Ranked #73 of 139 Restaurants in Wokingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Sultan Palace now in its 17th year is the busiest Indian restaurant in Wokingham. An article in a local newspaper referred to the restaurant as having "Poppadoms in the Premier League". Where: In the heart of Wokingham, Sultan Balti Palace operates from a two storey listed Tudor building. Sultan Palace holds 20 seats on the ground floor and 55 seats upstairs in the main restaurant. The restaurant serves a range of tempting and delicious light meals and snacks at lunchtime. In the evening the restaurant is well known for its traditional Balti style cuisine. There is a private room that holds 30 covers that can be hired for parties and functions.
“Just the ticket ”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I really like the Sultan

It's a classic Indian restaurant, unfussy, not pretentious, decent value. We love the Sunday buffet with our young family, and it's our 'go to' home delivery take away

1 Thank Thebecksareback

London UK
“Never again....”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Not a great evening had here I'm afraid, we dined with two other couples, we'd booked in advance and they initially tried to sit us at a table which was clearly not big enough for us, we asked to be moved and they obliged. Our waiter was hugely inappropriate to one of the females on our table, in addition to this he was rude, with his eyes rolling at times and gave us a shocking service. The food I would have rated as ok, but after three of us went down sick the following day, one of them being me, I can certainly say if never be returning or recommend to anyone.

1 Thank Mollymou
Winnersh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best curry house in town!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy coming to sultan for a meal the food is fantastic the staff are very friendly and happy to help.

Overall it is worth every penny

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sam-man2
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Not going back…...”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the first review i have ever written but felt compelled to do so after our experience at this restaurant this weekend.

Booked online for dinner with a few friends - the food (at the time) was o.k. although 3 of our party of 6 were very ill later on in the evening which topped off a poor night - the service was awful and one member of staff in particular was what could only be described as downright rude.

Needless to say we will not be going back and i would definitely avoid at all costs …….

• Visited February 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Worst curry experience ever.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Things started badly when the waiter seated us and told me off for moving a chair to the other side of the table.
The next waiter had a pop at me for attempting to order, stating I should let my girlfriend speak first... I was about to order for both of us. From then on his attitude deteriorated, especially after we had to complain about a vegetable samosa that was served up frozen in the middle.
The mains were average and uninspiring.
When we asked for the bill, the guy pretty much threw it on the table and stalked off without saying a word.
I have never had a worse restaurant experience, and left feeling angry and upset.
1 star is too much.