“Family Favourite”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family have been going to this restaurant since before I was born (and I'm 21 years old!). Any occasion and you can guarantee my family will be celebrating with a dinner at the Szechuan Inn. We always have the Chef set menu, and swap some of the dishes in the main for our favourite dishes, and the staff never mind. Every dish is delicious and the staff are always friendly, it is extremely rare if we ever have anything to complain about. I can't recommend this Chinese restaurant enough.

1  Thank Chloë M

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Surprised this place has such high ratings!
The service was great, very polite, fast and efficient. The environment/deco is average at best, though it is clean. But the food was hardly anything to write home about. I had better economy supermarket meals. We did order some 'Thai' curry dishes and they were absolutely terrible covered in glutinous grey sludge with not a single hint of coconut. People mentioned presentation but I didn't see anything you don't get in other Chinese restaurants. First disappointment from tripadvisor.
I give them 3 stars because if great service.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Szechuan Inn is a family run Chinese Restaurant having a range of Cantonese and Thai foods not to forget a very tasty vegetarian menu. There exists a certain ‘uniqueness’ that distinguishes Szechuan from others in the neighbourhood. Everything tastes better when it is presented beautifully and every platter that comes out of Szechuan Inn’s kitchen is arranged with love. Our friendly and very efficient staff will do our best to make sure that you enjoy every minute spent in Szechuan Inn and without worry about a thing except enjoying the food.They have over 20 years of service to the local community. Szechuan Inn is a little tucked away although only minutes from the centre of Wokingham but it's worth finding.
This a gem of a place

1  Thank chean
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Very good food and attentive waiters and owner. Do not expect a fancy restaurant but a good restaurant with good food and service and clean, (not as some other Chinese restaurants in the area). I will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We visit the Szechaun fairly regularly as a family and we absolutely love it. We always have the chefs special which is so delicious- for starters you get a lovely assortment of Chinese appetisers including prawn toast, wantons, spring rolls, bbq ribs, the best chicken satay ever and seaweed! The next course is duck pancakes- always well cooked and very generous portions and then a selection of dishes including crispy chilli beef and sweet and sour pork they are always happy for you to swap dishes as well (try and include 9 season prawns- we love it). If you are calling to reserve and it is a special occasion let them know and they will decorate the table and usually give you a free desert of banana fritters which my husband loves! We highly recommend this restaurant and it would be our first choice for a meal out in Wokingham!

2  Thank Rachel R