“We love it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“We love it!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

As always the food was plentiful and excellent and the service was very efficient and discreet. We've been regulars here for several years, in the days of both the current and previous owners, and we've never had a bad meal, even on very busy nights. We will be back again soon!

Reading, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“inedible”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

seeing as our local chinese was closed on a sunday we decided to give schezan inn a try, BIG MISTAKE!
I am pretty open minded when it comes to take aways as I usually find some redeeming qualities in the food but schezan inn I can only describe as inedible.
we ordered vegetable spring rolls which I think someone in the kitchen had completely forgotten to add the vegetable part and were hard on top and very soggy at the bottom and were totally tasteless with what i can only describe as a patch of "kebab salad" on the side which both my girlfriend and I pushed aside almost untouched and so moved onto my hot and sour soup which is in my opinion one of the best parts of my take away, neither hot or sour or in fact resembling soup in anyway this was more like "gloup" and didnt include any meats and was left next to the spring roll shells in the kitchen - not happy as I was really looking forward to it!
both my gf and I went for a thai curry as this is a very simple dish which you would think you couldnt go wrong! compliments to the chef to achieving such a feat. I had beef and my girlfriend chicken which didnt even resemble chicken, ive heard of cheap dodgy chicken being used in take aways but this was unbelievable it was gooey and had no texture to it - the beef was slightly better until i decided to take a closer look at what i was eating - both now reside in the kitchen untouched and only fit for the bin as i dont know of any local bio waste sites close to twyford and im pretty sure they'd charge me to take it away or charge me with having dangerous materials in my possession - bin it went.
at this point your probably thinking im a snob but really im not, the rice was ok but welded together moulded to the container.
interesting to note to any food experts schezan vegetables include broccoli! no idea but sure thats a little weird.
thoroughly disappointed as you can see ive written an essay about it - il update you as to if I survive the night now being contaminated with the contents of a colostomy bag\\\\\\!
Im off now to get a dominos pizza but I do agree with some comments about staff being friendly and welcoming but come to think of it window salesman are lovely until theyve stuffed you out of money for poor quality products.
now i see why they dont deliver! likely get a hiding if they came to my door.

1 Thank Almo851
Largs, United Kingdom
“Good food, Friendly service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

On arriving we had a very warm welcome, all the staff were friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious. It was our first visit and we will definitely be going again. If you are wondering whether to try it not, don't hesitate, just go.

1 Thank David H
berkshire
“One of my favourites but only as a treat!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I really do love this place. The food is absolutely amazing. We have only been a few times as we find it quite expensive.

Having said that we tend to go for the set menu which is £17.50 per person but comes with a mixed platter starter, then duck with pancakes, then two mains, a vegetable dish and rice.

The staff are lovely and the atmosphere is so relaxed. We see it as a bit of a treat to go because it can be expensive with drinks-so I hope we will be visiting again soon!

1 Thank swl83
Wokingham, Berkshire
“Even on a bad night ...... it's a good night!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

First visit. We booked a table for 2, late on Sat afternoon, for that night. When we arrived the owner greeted us - and remembered the brief conversation we had had when I booked. The only table was not in a great spot - but it was a last-minute booking. However, as we were shown to our seats we were told that by the time we had chosen from the menu and had a drink, a far better table would be available and we could be moved (great service, so far, as we had not mentioned moving). We were duly moved.

Food arrived - all very tasty. There was, however, a long delay between the first and main course and we had to draw this to our waiter's attention.....it was sufficiently long for us to think they might have forfgotten our order.

At the end of the meal the owner reappeared, apologised, explained exactly what had gone wrong to cause the delay (It was a very busy night and staff had been instructed not to take any take-away orders over the phone, but a staff member forgot and took some - thus causing a problem in the kitchen). Anyway the nice, friendly, genuine apology and explanation was enough - but, on top of that, the cost of our wine was taken off the bill to say "sorry".

So - even with the slight "hiccup" [which will sometimes happen in a busy successful restaurant] this was an enjoyable night - and we will return.

• Visited June 2012