$58
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
$107
$96
  • Pool
$112
$101
$95
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

The Cricketers B & B(Spencers Wood)
$102
$63
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Dukes Head(Wokingham)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmiltons restaurantpowder roomwedding venuewedding receptionwonderful weddingjacuzzi bathcountry houselovely groundslovely roomthe main housethe ground floorfunction roomwedding guestschristmas partyfollowing morningrestaurant staffplenty of parking
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I grew up in Wokingham and moved to the United States about 20 years ago. On a recent visit to England I booked 3 nights at Cantley on the recommendation of a friend of mine. We were treated to outstanding service by hotel staff and each time we arrived back it was as if we had walked into our own stately home with our own staff waiting for us. I cant remember ever feeling so comfortable in a hotel. The Hotel Manager Julie ensured our stay was wonderful and even took time out of her busy schedule to give me a full tour of the entire house and hotel. She explained in detail about the renovation, the history and the future plans for Cantley. We will definitely return here. Everything about our visit was superb - from the grounds to the hotel, the food and overall service. I would highly recommend staying here if you are ever in Berkshire.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barringtonsf
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stay in hotels around four or five times a month for business. Normally the chain sorts of places (Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott, Crowne Plaza etc). I booked in here because I fancied a change. I've never written a revew on here before - but this hotel deserves the effort.

The place is one of the best I've stayed in. For the price of a normal hotel, I got a fantastic room. To be fair in the review, I should say that I'd been given an upgrade. But even that's a positive - how many hotels will upgrade you when they have normal rooms available without you having spent thousands there in the past? The fact that they upgraded me on my first visit speaks volumes about the high level of personal care that they take of their guests.

The room was large, with a Bose stereo, LCD TV, very well lit (probably in the order of 10 - 15 lights around the place, with plenty of controls) and the best open shower I've ever used.

They had changed their internet access to free just before I stayed (very helpful for business guests - they do this a lot abroad - why does it usually cost £15 in the UK?). The room had an ethernet port on the desk, but they had just got a wireless router and were in the process of installing it.

The breakfast was utterly fantastic. I didn't check the details, but the thick bacon and sausages tasted like the stuff that really good butchers sell.

When it came to checkout time, I told the lady at the desk what a great stay I'd had, and also thanked her for the room and picked out the lighting and decor as something that they'd obviously taken their time over.

Whenever I'm down in Wokingham - this is the place I'll stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed in November last year - a very Last minute booking! We were upgraded to one of the lovely rooms in the Clock Tower with french doors to a private patio, which was perfect for our dog to have access to the grounds and enabled the nasty-smoker in
me to sneak outside for a quick ciggy.

The land surrounding the Hotel is perfect for Dog walking and is popular with locals so plenty of fun for our exhuberant Labby!

The staff were very helpful and friendly and we ate both nights at Miltons. The food was innovative and very tasty and the wine list comprehensive and not overly expensive (for an Hotel!) Breakfasts were good and hearty.
They had a number of excellent paintings from various local artists on display in the Lounge - and of course we had to buy one!
Great Hotel and we hope to go back again this month - Well worth a visit

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in a suite whilst moving house. We were very happy with our lovely big bedroom with separate lounge and bathroom (with whirlpool path and separate big shower). The bed was big and comfy and it was a relaxing and quiet stay. The back door to the room opened up onto a pretty country garden patio area (with lots of lavendar bushes) that we could sit out on and surrounded by nice grounds/parkland. All the staff were really friendly, from the reception to the restaurant staff and my boyfriend really liked the breakfast!
The hotel is an easy 10-15 minute stroll from the old market town of Wokingham. This is our second stay here and we'd definitely love to visit again.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2009

The accommodation, food and staff of this hotel is excellent. I cannot think of anything negative, i would recommend to everyone.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family