Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
$107
$96
  • Pool
$112
$101
$95
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$66
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

$88
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsmiltons restaurantpowder roomwedding venuewedding receptionwonderful weddingjacuzzi bathcountry houselovely groundslovely roomthe main housethe ground floorfunction roomwedding guestschristmas partyfollowing morningrestaurant staffplenty of parking
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a nice stay at Cantley Hotel, I must say the food was of a very good standard and the accompanying restaurant Miltons is to be commended for it's choice and quality. Likewise the staff were on the whole very friendly but perhaps not always the most efficient at dealing with enquiries. Our room was spacious with a nice bathroom but the decor very dated and not the cleanest in places. The grounds are lovely and the hotel has a quiet, country feel to it. I wouldn't want to stay for long periods but for the odd night away it was fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a one night stay in a suite (room 43) at Cantley House Hotel - it was an amazing room with a separate lounge with outside access, an oversized bathroom with a large walk in shower and a huge jacuzzi bath - everything was spotlessly clean. We were there to attend a wedding and the food and service was also excellent - every member of staff we encountered were polite and very helpful. Our stay ended this morning when we had a cooked breakfast which was included in the room rate - our breakfasts arrived hot and tasty and exactly what we had asked for. The only negative was the coffee which was filter and as in most places wasnt good so we asked our waitress if it was possible to have coffee from a machine - she said it was no problem at all and our Americana coffees duly arrived. If we were in that area again we would definitely stay there and only in room 43! Well done all of you and thank you for a memorable stay - would thoroughly recommend this hote.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Perhaps I was unlucky with the room I was given but it was pretty grotty. The room was dark and very dated and not particularly clean - I had to dust the hairdryer before I used it. The bathroom was particularly bad with damp/mould patches on the wallpapered ceiling. I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: I understand that there may be refurbished rooms at the hotel, so it would be worth specifically requesting one if that is the case.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just had a Birthday Party at the Cantley House Hotel (Briar Room 46 guests approx). Room setting was perfect for my party needs, lots of ambiance. Charlotte Gallacher (Deputy Manager) ran the evening for me, which she did superbly. I cannot commend the staff enough for their very professional service care and attention. I had an enormous amount of comments from my guests saying how good the staff was, friendly, courteous and attentive without being too familiar. Don Forbes (Executive Chef) put together a menu for me which fitted my needs precisely, the quality of the food was exceptional and it all came out as it should, hot food hot etc., and very well presented. I stayed at the hotel that night and the room was very nice and comfortable, breakfast was excellent and a very nice small restaurant setting. I had entertainment laid on in the form of Harry Dolan a great singer (Frank Sinatra Rat Pack Style), which I would highly recommend to anyone, you can hear his music on his web site. http://www.harrydolan.co.uk/

Room Tip: Executive rooms are better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We went to a wedding there and there was no wedding planner to be seen, the venue didn't have the correct food that was order for the wedding breakfast. Would never recommend anyone to get married there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue F
charlgallacher, Manager at Cantley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

In the last 5 years we have received only one significant criticism from a Bride or Groom and we live for the enormous amount of praise we receive and the number who we count as friends who constantly return for anniversaries and other celebrations. We are proud to host more weddings than we would wish people to know because that balance between exclusivity and experience is a crucial balance; every wedding is unique and astonishingly important for every bride, for every groom and for everyone who cares for them - and so must be for us. Every member of staff from General Manager to gardener has that ingrained.

The one wedding referred to had criticisms that were justified though not in their entirety; the circumstances are relevant but not for sharing. We have learnt valuable lessons from this wedding that do not relate to quality of service and supply.