Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$112
TripAdvisor
The Dukes Head(Wokingham)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmiltons restaurantpowder roomwedding venuewedding receptionwonderful weddingjacuzzi bathcountry houselovely groundslovely roomthe main housethe ground floorfunction roomwedding guestschristmas partyfollowing morningrestaurant staffstayed for one night
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Perhaps I was unlucky with the room I was given but it was pretty grotty. The room was dark and very dated and not particularly clean - I had to dust the hairdryer before I used it. The bathroom was particularly bad with damp/mould patches on the wallpapered ceiling. I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: I understand that there may be refurbished rooms at the hotel, so it would be worth specifically requesting one if that is the case.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just had a Birthday Party at the Cantley House Hotel (Briar Room 46 guests approx). Room setting was perfect for my party needs, lots of ambiance. Charlotte Gallacher (Deputy Manager) ran the evening for me, which she did superbly. I cannot commend the staff enough for their very professional service care and attention. I had an enormous amount of comments from my guests saying how good the staff was, friendly, courteous and attentive without being too familiar. Don Forbes (Executive Chef) put together a menu for me which fitted my needs precisely, the quality of the food was exceptional and it all came out as it should, hot food hot etc., and very well presented. I stayed at the hotel that night and the room was very nice and comfortable, breakfast was excellent and a very nice small restaurant setting. I had entertainment laid on in the form of Harry Dolan a great singer (Frank Sinatra Rat Pack Style), which I would highly recommend to anyone, you can hear his music on his web site. http://www.harrydolan.co.uk/

Room Tip: Executive rooms are better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We went to a wedding there and there was no wedding planner to be seen, the venue didn't have the correct food that was order for the wedding breakfast. Would never recommend anyone to get married there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue F
charlgallacher, Manager at Cantley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

In the last 5 years we have received only one significant criticism from a Bride or Groom and we live for the enormous amount of praise we receive and the number who we count as friends who constantly return for anniversaries and other celebrations. We are proud to host more weddings than we would wish people to know because that balance between exclusivity and experience is a crucial balance; every wedding is unique and astonishingly important for every bride, for every groom and for everyone who cares for them - and so must be for us. Every member of staff from General Manager to gardener has that ingrained.

The one wedding referred to had criticisms that were justified though not in their entirety; the circumstances are relevant but not for sharing. We have learnt valuable lessons from this wedding that do not relate to quality of service and supply.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here as it was one of my best mates weddings at the same hotel. Two nights in one of the larger standard double rooms. Rooms had expected facilities, but large isnt a word i would use to describe the size, it was still very small and no dressing table/desk for the missus to get ready.

The bathroom was very tried and needed a full renovation. Shower leaked everytime we had one which made the bathroom floor like a paddling pool. We did inform the staff but it wasnt fixed during our stay.

The bar is in a separate building which was strange and was limited on its beer and wine selection.

Breakfast was good and service was good.

I stayed out of convenience that the wedding was in the same place. I wouldnt choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
charlgallacher, Manager at Cantley House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Cantley House Hotel.

We have commenced a refurbishment of a number of our Standard Doubles and Cosy Doubles and I believe it was one of these rooms that you stayed in.

Our intention is to upgrade a number of the bathrooms as well as introducing new lighting to the rooms, new furnishings and redecorating.

I confess to being confused about the comment regards the dressing table as all of our bedrooms have dressing tables/desks and am therefore concerned as to why there was not one in your bedroom!

Miltons Bar is located separately from the main house and is part of our restaurant and we have never received comments in the past that this is a problem or that there is limited availability of drinks but we will take notice of your comments, sometimes people simply do not comment. We do also have a bar in the hotel which is used for functions and also offers rooms service/waitress service via reception. This bar offers a larger range of bottled beers.

I am disappointed that you do not wish to return to Cantley House Hotel but would like to assure you I have taken your comments on board and we will strive to do better in the future.

I hope you might change your mind in which case please contact me direct as I would welcome the opportunity to show you the state of progress.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel 3 times Julie head of reception is very friendly and professional always remembers my name. Wonderful staff exellent food I cannot fault.the hotel. I am going back in May again. Also I am very fussy. Christina

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business