2,130 results
All reviews deluxe room afternoon tea tennis courts pamper package spa break swimming pool lovely grounds spa facilities steam room family room restaurant staff thorpe park a lovely stay bar area evening meal lego land visiting legoland
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2016

This hotel cost a lot of money but amazingly the nights on this trip we spend on the £40 a night Travelodge were better !!

The first issue was the restaurant. We went there as there is nowhere else near to eat & were massively disappointed. First of all the pricing is shocking (£12 for a full English which is not very big) but that wasnt the issue, it was we had to wait 90 minutes for it when nobody else was there.....it became very clear they had forgetten about us after an hour....credit to a staff member called Benjamin who brought me a free pint for my troubles but didnt really cover the delay.

Second issue was on arrival we were told the pool was open until 8pm. After being hugely delayed by the 90 minute dinner wait I took my very excited 4 year old to go swimming. We were stopped at the door (at 650) and told the pool was closing at 7pm. I questioned the fact the receptionist said 8pm on arrival and was curtly told "Yeah?Well its 7!" If i didnt have my daughter with me and was spoken to like that, there would have been a bigger problem but she left very sad and unhappy. Anyway our room was next to the pool and half an hour later people were in the pool so this time my wife went and questioned him and was told "no, not closed but adult only" There was a child in there to which she said well what about him" and was told "yeah, but he's not young young is he." At that point it was pointless so went back the room...however at 8pm I looked through the window and the staff member was talking and laughing with the young boys dad so clearly preferential treatment (maybe he was a Member and not a guest?) being dished out.

Next issue I was told we had free wifi & yet everytime I went to go on it tried to charge me £12.99 the day. I phoned the desk on this and got told basically no its not free. Again further disappointment.

The hotel is clearly nice & im sure many people would rave about it, but on this visit & on my experience it was more than poor, it was terrible. We will be making a complaint to Hilton directly on this in due course as we paid in excess of £250 for this hotel & Legoland Tickets in a package & feel badly let down.

5  Thank PaulAHughes81
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We stayed here to go to legoland which was 11 miles away. Parking was free at the hotel as we had hired a car. It was great for kids lots of activities and the pool was great. Kids got a complementary fun pack. Staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing to much trouble. The restaurant was lovely and breakfast was great, lots to choose from. We ate only once at the hotel on first evening. I couldn't fault anything. The kids menu was adequate as well. Would come back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Dear karen172015 - thank you for leaving a review in this website - we are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and St Anne's Manor. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly & helpful, it is always a pleasure to read comments such as 'you couldn't fault in anything' - thank you.

We look forward of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

We booked to stay here as part of a Legoland package and stayed with our 2 kids (6 and 1) It's 22 minutes drive from Legoland

We were treated by very helpful reception staff and our boys were given pirate activity bags and Legoland passports.

Our room was number 345. It was a good size with a king size bed and a diuble sofa bed for the boys. Large TV, all the usual things you'd expect to find in a room at the Hilton. The bathroom was a great size with a good shower over the bath.

We ate our evening meal in the main Restaurant. Kids are free from the buffet. They could have anything they wanted but there was a section especially for kids with chips, fish fingers, etc. We chose to also eat from the buffet and we are not disappointed. Fresh, home cooked food with excellent deserts!

Breakfast was amazing! Proper sausages! There was fresh fruit, cold meats, traditional English, pastries, yogurts, bagels, muffins, fresh juice. I cannot fault the breakfast at all!!

We would definitely return to this hotel if we are in that area again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear lankylegs34 - thank you for giving us are great review & rating! I was delighted to read you & your family enjoyed their stay.

It is always a pleasure to read feedback such as yours, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We stayed for a single night before a christening at the weekend. The hotel is clearly popular as a wedding venue, and the building and grounds have been well maintained. The public areas were busy, but not unpleasantly so, with wedding parties but the front desk service was quick, friendly and helpful. The hotel very generously offered us a deluxe room on arrival which was spacious, clean, and well furnished.

The hotel priced competitively vs some budget options in this area (especially accounting for breakfast) so I wasn't sure what to expect as the Hilton brand can be inconsistent; in this case the hotel was a step or two above its competition and I would be happy to recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear JohnGrahamUK - thank you for your review and for recommending our hotel to other travellers.

I was delighted to read your comments & the staff especially on arrival.

I should like to thank you for your custom, I do hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We booked a Legoland break with a partner hotel which we chose to be the Hilton St Annes. Having stayed at other Hilton Hotels as a couple (before evolving to a family!) we had high expectations for everything (and of course to reflect the price!). Disappointingly however it appears that this Hilton Hotel falls well below anyone's standards let alone the Hilton brand standard we were previously used to. This has led me to think - is it a family thing? We were put in a large room with 2 double beds. We are family of 4, two boys aged 3 and 5. Following check in got to the room. The bath had the hugest spider along with someone else's hair. A hanger was left on the shower curtain rail. The bathroom and the whole room was very tired and uncared for. How the beds were made up were comical but certainly not to anyone's standards. Cobwebs on the stand up light which provided the majority of light to the bedroom. This light stand also buzzed all night until I took the plug out of its socket. The light in the bathroom was dim. No ventilation (fan) in the bathroom at all. Furniture had heavy glass tops - very child unfriendly. Bathroom bin had (mucus like) substance left in it after the bin had been emptied (not from us!) Bedside lamp would not switch on unless the room hall light was still switched on - pointless having a bedside lamp!! Bed and pillows very uncomfortable and curtains did not close properly around a patio door and windows which led to light streaming in all night. On the plus side the staff were very friendly and helpful and always ensured that our children were happy which was the only redeeming quality of our stay here as well as the very delicious cooked breakfast in the morning. I think its awful that a family could be put in such a poor quality room and that cleanliness really did not matter for our room. I would think twice about the suitability of staying at another Hilton Hotel for a family stay. One final point - we are on the 02 network and this hotel had no reception at all for the duration of our stay. This was very frustrating to say the least!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Seena W
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear X-X28fc W - thank you for posting a review on this website - we are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments will be review with department concerned

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff.

We do hope that despite your disappointment you would consider retuning sometime in the future.