“relaxing break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
cambridgeshire
“relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed thursday friday night. Beautiful location lovely grounds. We were on a spa break and looked after extremely well. The staff were the most polite I have ever met on my travells and could not do enough to be helpfull. The inclusive evening meal was excellent with a generous portion and a chocolate sweet to die for. We would recomend this hotel for a special break lovely pool and treatment area. We stayed in a delux room which was very nice and comfortable with all the amenities except a full mini bar , but thats probably a good thing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I was delighted to read your comments on your relaxing break at Hilton St Anne's Manor hotel! This is exactly how we want all our guests to feel whilst staying with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice hotel, easy to find but the room was cold and the heating/air conditioning system was not user friendly. It was also very noisy. The TV entertainment was surprisingly disappointing as there was no ITV and only BBC HD was available. Other than that, the staff were friendly and the facilities goodd

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for our reveiw on this website, I was sorry to read you experienced problems with TV channels in your room, we do offer all freeview channels in all our bedrooms.

I am glad you enjoyed our facilities, I know the staff will have be happy to assist you throughout your stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Not a fan of dark hotels, tiny elevator and floor carpets everywhere.my clubroom was lovely. ~ especially the bathroom though accessories could have been better ( had to Ask for shampoo) . No minibar in the room IF you want to work there but complimentary 2 water bottles available.
Reception registration had a datadisorder upon arrival but the girls there were sweet. Wifi kept falling out when I left the room even though they advertize it covers the whole hotel.
Breakfast had a good sortiment of various dishes & beverages - healthy choices!
Didnt use the SPA nor any activity offer.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you experienced a few problems connecting to our Wifi, after reading your comments we have had this looked into & all seems to be up and running. I am sorry this was not the case whilst you stayed with us.

I do hope that despite this minor problem the remainder of your stay was enjoyable

United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

nice setting, parking spaces seem to be made for city cars only. room was clean and tidy, but a bit of a pain to get through the maze of corridors (a bit poorly signed). very overpriced, but was convenient and necessary to be in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website, I do hope that on your next visit you will have the time to take in the true ambience of St Anne's Manor and the character that the hotel has to offer.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed at Hilton St. Anne's Manor, Bracknell for a long weekend as a couple. We have visited this hotel on a number of occasions of the years and always have a nice enjoyable stay. Rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and staff friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. Delighted to read that you have a perfect weekend with us!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back sometime in the future.

BELFAST, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

To put things in context.......... 1st i am a frequent traveller staying of average between 2-3 nights per week in hotels and secondly i am a loyal Hilton Honors member - which made this review somewhat difficult to write.

Bearing these 2 points in mind i think i'm qualified to compare hotels and also compare standards from one Hilton to the next.

Hilton St Anne's Manor............. where do i start. I have stayed maybe 4-5 times (only because i have to with work) and have NEVER enjoyed it.

1st time - no heating in room, phone did not work so i could no order room service, when i did manage to get room service, then order was wrong + the room was in the old wing which is dirty, smelly and reminds me of a "no star" guest house.

2nd time - Room service issues again, another old room (which is VASTLY overpriced) for what it is and a liesure complex in need of serious refurb. Machines in gym look and feel like they are from 1970/80s.

3rd time - didn't chance room service, so went to the restaurant. What a mistake - food is very average but is central London prices. Very disappointed.

4th time - Hilton cancelled my booking at 4pm and rebooked me + 4 colleagues into some sort of conference hotel in Old Windsor. Frankly this wasn't a great place either, but i was glad really and somewhat relieved.

Summary - Hilton St Anne's. Only if i REALLY, REALLY have to.......

Room Tip: Sorry i don't have one.............. is there any good hotels in this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Philip D
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and am truly sorry your stay was so disappointing. This is not the experience we want any of our guests to endure, when you are next in the hotel I urge you to make contact with one of our managers to ensure your stay is the relaxing, hassle free experience you would expect.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed In the St Anne's Manor Hotel between the 3rd and the 6th October 2013, as part of a deal with the Legoland Resort. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds, myself, my wife and my 3 year old son.

firstly the (many) good points:

The hotel is relatively easy to get to, and is set in beautiful grounds. the building interior and reception area looks stunning. We arrived in the late evening with a cranky toddler but check in was smooth and professional. Our room was absolutely fantastic. comfortable, clean, spacious. the "balcony" was really small but that's trivial. As a place to simply drop your bags and go out all day, I could not reccomend this place enough.

now, the not so great points:

wow. the restaurant is...insanely expensive. everybody knows that hotel room service is a rip off anywhere you go in the world but this place is just astronomical. Because we arrived late and we were not familiar with the area we decided to get a meal delivered to the room (the restaurant was closed) and it came close to £80 if i remember correctly for basically 2 portions of fish and chips, a side order of spicy chips for our son, 2 soft drinks and 2 desserts.

there is a Tesco within a 20 minutes drive i would advise you buy all snacks and drinks from there. after the first night we made the road trip into windsor where there is a much better selection of restaurants to dine. I particularly enjoyed the lebanese restaurant near windsor castle.

the second negative really is me just nitpicking. the bathroom door somehow became wedged to the tiles so wouldn't open or close. when we rang reception they came personally within minutes with a handyman to have a look, even though this was around 10 at night. I like how quick to respond they were and how keen they were to be helpful.

Breakfast was fine. food was fresh, service was snappy. it gets REALLY busy so there is a bit of a wait but the food variety and quality is exactly what you hope for.

there's a sort of a jungle jim thing in the grounds for kids to play on too, so its good if you have a little kid that wants to burn off some steam.

the "indoor activity area" is just a corner where they store toys, and nearby a nintendo wii connected to a tv. its really not as great as they make out online, but there are toys/ boardgames for your kids to play if you want to take things back to your room.

the TV was acceptable, standard hilton interface, we watched a few movies after paying for the day rate for family movie package. good selection of kids movies, think it costs around £10 for a 24 hour movie package.

there was a problem with my card at checkout, in that somebody had somehow managed to remove almost £1000 from my bank accounts over night. i spoke to reception and we made arrangements for me to pay at a later date once i was sent a new card etc. they didn't make me feel like a loser or act awkward/ snobby towards me at all, and i appreciate that because I can see how it would have looked to them.

Overall, if you are going to legoland or need to stay in the area, i would recommend here. service is fantastic, staff are super friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable and its close enough to everything you need.

drawbacks are just that the restaurant will cost you more than your house and theres minor little random things that no one can really control so i dont know why i am mentioning them.

didnt get a chance to try out the Spa.

definitely reccomend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WanderingManc_12
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed view, we welcome all feedback from our guests as this enables us to assess the standard of our facilities and service we offer.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to recommend us to others.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!