“Nice country hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Brussels
“Nice country hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was near where we had to be for the weekend and at the same time promised nice, green surroundings. Family oriented (close to Legoland), so loads of kids around during weekends. Staff friendly and helpful. We had a small misunderstanding but it was sorted in a good way to our satisfaction. Will consider this hotel next time we need accommodation in that area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments on this website. St Anne's manor is a very popular location especially during school holidays due to the lovely grounds the hotel is set in and the easy distance to LegoLand.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked a deal through Travelzoo for an afternoon tea and a spa package. The afternoon tea was disgraceful. We collected our voucher from the spa for the afternoon tea & were told to sit in the conservatory. It turned out we could not use the conservatory as there was a wedding on & this area was reserved. We ended up sitting on a table which was practically in the lobby of the hotel & were ignored by all waiting staff for about 20 minutes. I went to the bar to place our order as we were fed up waiting to be served & had to wait for 10 minutes to be noticed and served as the focus was solely on the wedding party. The waitress eventually put food on the table and & said 'I will just leave this here for a minute' so we had no idea if this was meant to be for us or for another table. We decided we would eat the food as by this time we were very hungry. There were five ham on white bread and two cheese on brown bread sandwiches all of varying sizes, the bread was completely stale and the contents dry and minimal. The cakes were not fresh & the profiteroles were frozen in the middle. It was the worst afternoon tea I have ever had but there was no waiting staff around to complain to and no one approached us to ask how the food was. Dinner was no better, the chair I sat on had a broken leg and I nearly fell off of it. The waiting staff were not clear about the menu. We were told by one that we would need to order sides and by another that we did not have too and then our meals were served without any potatoes or vegetables so we just had a plate of meat each! The bread which accompanied my soup was stale, the chicken in my friend's ceaser salad was under cooked and had pieces of cartridge still attached to it. My friend ordered ice cream for her dessert which the waiter took too three other tables before he remembered it was for us. When we did get the ice cream the flavours where not what my friend had ordered, so we told the waiter who did not say anything but just wandered off. Eventually he appeared again with a small plate with more ice-cream on of the correct flavour which he placed in front of me even though it was my friend's dessert. No one at any point during afternoon tea, dinner or breakfast asked if we were enjoying our meals or if we needed anything and trying to get the attention of any of the waiting staff was practically impossible. All the staff who worked in the bar and restaurant seemed unenthusiastic, uninterested and the customer services was very poor. Our spa experience was good the only let down was we were told it would cost £10 each to use the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and as my friend is pregnant and can only use the pool this seemed a waste of money, we only found out later in the evening that we could have used this facility for free as we were staying the night but had not been told that it was free for resident’s. The staff on reception and in the spa were polite and friendly but unfortunately could not have made up for the other staff we encountered I will definitely not recommend this hotel to others and will not return.

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs in room 128. We were subjected to noise from a wedding and kids playing ourside...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jo-mark2012
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is in a very busy area but it is set away from the road networks and is in beautiful gardens. It is very quite and very well run. You won't find better in an area of very nice country hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was delighted to read your positive comments.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's manor, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for a 2 day conference last week and had a pleasant time. Rooms etc were nice, but then you would expect them to be for the price! But what stood out for me was the excellent conference staff that did their best to accommodate our ever changing plans. The bar area was also very nice and the breakfast excellent. Steep drink prices though - £7 for a large glass of house wine..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments on this website, I was delighted to read your feedback regarding your recent conference you attended at the hotel. Thank you.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Jenny C
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I should like to apologise for the disappointing experience, this is not the normal high standard of service or product we offer our guests.

We always endeavour to offer all our guests an individual service however it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations, once again please accept my apologies.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I returned to Wokingham, where I had grown up, for the first time in 30 years to stay a night at St Anne's manor with my daughter. I booked on the internet and, on arrival, was delighted to be upgraded to a deluxe room by the very attentive General Manager. The room was extremely well appointed, very clean and nicely decorated, with a great bathroom. We enjoyed a swim, although I thought the pool was looking a bit tired and grubby. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but breakfast was good. All in all, a good recreational stay in a hotel with a strong corporate focus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments on this website, we are continously looking to review all facilities offered to our guests to ensure we keep to the high standard expected for a Hilton hotel, our Livingwell health club is a very vital part of the hotel and is reviewed and cleaned daily.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and had a really nice stay. The breakfast and buffet dinner were great and the kids really enjoyed themselves in the pool and on the Wii. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MagsW694
Thank you for staying at Hilton St Anne's Manor, I was delighted to read you and your family enjoyed the hotel and the LivingWell facilities. Thank you for your comments and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!