“2nd visit”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
“2nd visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was the second time I have visited this hotel. Brilliant hotel with outstanding view of garden area. Lovely helpful staff which has recognised my since my last visit, food excellent delicious and well presented. The rooms are just fabulous and made to highest standarts, I never sleep as well as I did here. Great Sunday lunch highly recommended. See you in September.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your very positive feedback on this website. I was delighted to read your comments and I am pleased your found the staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Anne's Manor in September.

Thank you for choosing to return to the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My friend and I booked a spa overnighter through last minute and were not disappointed. From our super efficient check in (thanks to Nicola who could not do enough for us), to a wonderful massage from Hannah, a very enjoyable time was had by all. Would advise you book a deluxe room, as these appear to be newly refurbed. We got a free bottle of wine in the room, had room service in the evening... and a fab brekkie in the morning. Only down side the lunch menu a bit pricey (£9 for a prawn sarnie), but hey ho, worth it. Found all the staff to be really lovely, esp Nicola. Would return on another spa without hesitation.

Room Tip: 2nd floor refurbed room was really nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very positive feedback, I was delighted to read you found the staff lovely and helpful, both in the hotel and the spa!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to St Anne's again sometime in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton St Anne's manor

EINDHOVEN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel is beautifully located in a park, an old manor with both the charm as well as the "un"charm of an old english manor.
Refurbished room is excellent, hallways and general areas a bit worn down (next to be refurbished?)
If you have to eat here, OK, however rather expensive, limited choice and medium quality.
Swimming pool is nice and wasn't too busy (between 6&7).
Still recommandable over other hotels in the area

Room Tip: Make sure you book a refurbished room. Take slippers and swimming trunks
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aleph59
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review on this website, delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the hotel and grounds!

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

So here is my story. I´m a HH Diamond the highest tier of Hilton. Every hotel gets ones profile upon arrival.
As my room type was not available at the time of booking I booked a family room as travelling with small children. Two days in advance to my stay I emailed the hotel asking them for a larger room with one King size bed and a baby cot. I did not receive an answer from the hotel.
When we arrived we were so called upgraded to a family deluxe room which instead of one bed had two beds and the room was in a very bad shape. I have enclosed some pictures. As you can see by the pictures if a deluxe room is in such bad shape, what must you expect from a standard room ? My profile also states that I prefer a room away from the elevators, this room was the next room to the elevator. This room was very noisy not only because of the elevator but also there seems to be a pump or a heating system next door which went on and off.
I contacted front desk and got told the best avalaible room bla bla. The normal crap you get when somebody doesn´t care. I was also offered a return call from the Hotel Manager. Of course I never heard back from him.( I´m sure he will answer here).

Beside that I found the level of service at this hotel outstanding bad. When you were walking on the public areas members off staff would not great you. Restaurant service very slow. Staff did not leave the impression they were happy working here.

As a Diamond you normally receive a welcome letter from the hotel manager and a little something i.e. fruit, chocolate, etc. Not at this hotel.

After all I felt more like a Premiere Inn than a Hilton. This hotel - never again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pitmueller
Thank you for your feedback.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

upgraded to a deluxe room for £10, worth every penny, balcony, view of the woods and a room 50% bigger. Staff all very helpful, pool looks nice. Clean, modern and what you'd expect from an upmarket Hotel. Bar was clean and value for money, was tempted to stay in, but there is a Loch Fyne a 15 minute walk away, so eat there. Late checkout to 1pm was helpful.

Room Tip: go for the bigger room.....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to read your comments and I was pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing St Anne's Manor and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed on a Sunday for a business meeting on Monday and the first impression was good. As soon as you step into its grounds, you feel like you have left the world behind you and arrived in a manor house in the middle of the English countryside! The lobby is very elegant and sophisticated with lovely paintings on the walls and soft furnishings. Being a HH member, I was upgraded to a newly refurbished room which was very classy and elegantly furnished with a lovely colour scheme. The room was not very big, but the bed was comfortable, although I would have preferred a king size bed. The bathroom was also very nice and included a wet area.
The housekeeping service was a bit slow and had to ask for a bathrobe twice.
The restaurant seems to have an adequate selection of dishes although not much for vegetarians. They also offer a brunch until 1pm, but it is not advertised on the website which is a real shame as it looked quite inviting. They have a banner outside the hotel advertising it but if you do not know in advance and you arrive too late, you will miss it.
Breakfast was as varied and exhaustive as other Hiltons I have stayed in.
The pool was very small and busy most of the time, so not ideal if you want to have a nice, relaxed swim.
Both check-in and check-out were painless and the staff very efficient.

Room Tip: newly refurbished rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We welcome your detailed feedback as this enable future guests to see the hotel from another aspect. Thank you for your taking the time and trouble to do this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Anne's manor sometime in the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

After booking a Groupon deal with the Hilton, for both a massage and afternoon tea, my girlfriend and I were very excited and looking forward to the Hilton Experience.

We arrived at the Spa, expecting to be giving gowns to change into but were instead told to wait in reception and we would be called in 5 minutes before our treatment.

When we were called in for our back and facial treatments we were told to remove clothes on our top halves and to leave the rest on. This seemed slightly strange considering my girlfriend was wearing jeans - not the most comfortable experience under a blanket and trying to relax with jeans on.

The ladies who carried out the treatment were polite and friendly and the massage was ok.

When the massage was over we made our way over to the restaruant for afternoon tea.

We looked for someone to seat us but there wasn't anyone about so we just made our way into the dining area and seated ourselves.

After sitting for about 20 minutes we finally lost patience and decided to go upto someone to see if we could order.

When our food and drink finally came it was extremely underwhelming, to say the least.

It looked as though 1 slice of white bread and 1 slice of brown bread had been used, in the white bread was a thin, bland slice of ham and in the brown bread, there was a curdled paste of what looked like lemon curd and smelt like a fish paste.

The cakes were no better, we both bit into the scones and were shocked/surprised/annoyed/disappointed to find that they were frozen. We were under the impression that the Hilton would provide a luxurious and relaxing experience, how wrong we were.

The other cakes were no better, congealed paste in what should have been a jam cream horn, it was all to be honest what you would expect to buy from a supermarket in the frozen foods section.

Upon presenting her Groupon voucher my girlfriend complained to the lady who was serving that the food appeared to be frozen and had it come out of the freezer.

Her response was shocking to say the least: "they may have done but they are taken out in the morning. Also it's a very cold kitchen".

There was no apology or attempt to offer us some sort of compensation, just a bad excuse regarding a cold kitchen.

We will both never ever visit the Hilton again, which has gone down in my estimation to the bottom of the pile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank LivinTheDream758
Thank you for your comments on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your feedback, this is not the normal service we offer at St Anne's manor, we want all our guest to enjoy their stay with us, I would like to offer my apologies that on this occasion we failed to meet your expections. Please be assured that I will speak to the departments concerned to ascertain what the issues were.

Please accept our apologies.

Hotel Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!