Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
  • Room Service
The Emmbrook Inn(Wokingham)
  • Restaurant
1,920 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomafternoon teatennis courtspamper packagespa breakswimming poolspa facilitieslovely groundssteam roomfamily roomlegoland packagethorpe parkrestaurant staffa lovely staysofa bedbar arealovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were really happy with our weekend stay at this hotel. The service was great, including our massage. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, even letting us check into our room a couple of hours early. The food and facilities were also excellent. We hope to come again n the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your very positive feedback you posted in this website. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning sometime in the future!

Thank you for choicing Hilton St Anne's Manor.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for a business meeting. The room was large and had a patio door that led onto a courtyard although the bathroom was dated and could do with a refurb.

The main issue for me was an apparent lack of staff upon check in where I waited a considerable amount of time and also at the bar where they were chronically short staffed with queues to get served. I wanted to order food and asked at the restaurant if I could order bar food there instead of waiting in the queue at the bar. I was initially told no by the waitress but a manager stepped in and agreed to take my order.

The meeting room was good with reasonable if not somewhat unhealthy choices for lunch.

Overall I would not look to return here unless staff levels were to improve.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was pleased that you enjoyed our accommodation however I was naturally concerned to read your comments regarding the lack of staff, I was pleased that our duty manager stepped in to assist you, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future when you are able to experience our normal high level of service.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel has a lovely setting. The staff were very helpful. The qualit of the hotel for the price was great. The place is clean. It has good amenities. Food was great. This was my 2nd stay and I enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review on this website. Your observations and opinions are appreciated as they enable us to monitor the facilities and services we offer our guests.

Thank you for choicing to stay at Hilton St Anne's Manor hotel, I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Booked here as we were visiting friends in nearby Bray. Handy location close to motorway link and easy access to Windsor.
Not sure what to expect having read some of the reviews but as a regular Hilton user always keep an open mind as some of the locations exceed expectations if staying for the first time. St Ann's was one such property...country setting & an old 'manor' house where we were given an upgrade to a suite in the old building. Could not be faulted although en-suite was on the small side. Room was large & airy with a massive four poster bed & outlook over the very nice wooded rear gardens. Old Oak furniture & a sitting area with sofa chairs & tv completed the details.
Adequate lunch taken in the bar which extends to a conservatory at the back...breakfast a bit of a bun fight as we were overnight Saturday & came down late on Sunday morning as did most of he hotel! Good selection though & usual Hilton style buffet.
Staff were friendly throughout & no problems with checking in. Issue with faulty tv in the room was resolved with the arrival of a replacement.
Have no hesitation in returning when next in the UK & visiting the area.

Room Tip: Go for a suite looking out over the back gardens
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on this website. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps furture guests to have a more overall view.

Thank you for choicing to stay at St Anne's manor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in early January. Based on the website, we were very excited to see the hotel's decor and architecture.

Our overall experience was disappointing, despite what appeared to be the staff's best intentions. They appeared to be trying very hard, but they kept messing up.

First up, the good points: The location is great, and perfect for exploring southern England. The building and architecture was lovely. The hallways were all brick, and the lobby and public areas were nicely decorated. Our room was obviously newly renovated. Everything was very clean, the room was quiet and dark at night, and the amenities were great (including the pool and hot tub). The bed was very comfortable. The food was great, and the breakfast that’s a benefit of our Hilton membership was delicious.

The staff was warm and friendly, if incompetent. The bathroom was very hip and modern. Unfortunately, this also incorporated the style of shower that doesn’t include a door. This is aesthetically pleasing, but not very sensible, as it means water goes everywhere when you shower.

When we checked in, we reiterated something that was mentioned in our reservation: I’m horribly allergic to down. Once we got the receptionist to recognize that “down” and “feathers” were synonymous, she assured us that they’d see to it that there was none of either substance in our pillows or bedding material.

When we got to our room, a member of the staff arrived with all hypoallergenic pillows and checked the comforter, assuring us that it was hypoallergenic. Shortly afterward, we realized that the heater in our room didn’t work. When we called housekeeping, they said they’d been having trouble with the heaters, promised to move us to a new room the next day, and brought up a portable heater.

That night we discovered to our dismay that the comforter was, in fact, down, which caused me to have an asthma attack. The next day we were moved to a new room with a working heater and reiterated, for a third time, that there should be no down in the room. The new room was similarly newly renovated, which was lovely. However, we found some feathers on the floor which made us suspicious. Sure enough both the pillows and the comforters were down. Another call to housekeeping did eventually get us the requested hypoallergenic pillows and a comforter. Unfortunately, the comforter wasn’t big enough to cover the king-sized bed. At this point, however, we’d given up.

Another difficulty was the wifi included in our room: you were only allowed to use it to access two devices total. This means that each of us could connect our laptop, but not our iPhone or Kindle. And finally, we had a lot of trouble getting accessing the pool. The posted time (and the time we confirmed with the front desk clerk before running out to buy swimsuits before the pool closed) was 10 p.m. Unfortunately, it turns out that this means last entry to the pool is 9 p.m., and the pool itself closed at 9:30 p.m. However, apparently you are free to hang out in the locker room until 10 p.m. if you so choose.

Overall, I’m glad we stayed here. The location was convenient and, despite all the issues, the hotel itself was very nice, even if the service was problematic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlueHorizon7

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was concerned to read your comments regarding your room, please accept my apologies. All our staff are trained with the guests individual needs in mind, unfortunately on this occasion this was not forthcoming - please accept our apologies.

I am sorry that the opening times of our pool were not clearly given to you, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.