“our return visit”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“our return visit”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have just returned from this great hotel,we have been to this hotel several times for our visits to Windsor over the last 3/4 years and the standard of this hotel was to us a massive improvement.admittedly we had one of the new Deluxe rooms on the second floor.All staff were friendly and tentitive towards us Breakfast was worth getting up for i might say.Would like to give the young man on reception i believed called andrew a mention he was first class ,our stay was perfect from start to finish.We will be back.

Room Tip: we were in room 252 overlooking the tennis courts it was so quiet we thought we were the only guests...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to read that you found the hotel welcoming and the staff very helpful. I should like to thank you for choosing to return to Hilton St Anne's Manor and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Serge Rosendo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
bushbuck6
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent one night at this Hotel and enjoyed it ! We had a luxury room which was of a high standard , clean and comfortable . We took the Dinner, Bed, Breakfast weekend offer of £145 + £20 for the luxury upgrade which was a great offer taking into account the quality of the food for dinner and breakfast which was absolutely great ! The staff we extremely on the ball and friendly ! We will definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: For the extra the luxury rooms are well worth it .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website, I was delighted to read such a positive response!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton St Anne's Manor Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Northumberland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Second visit to this hotel for a conference. Off to a shaky start as booking.com had not advised the hotel of my attendance though soon sorted.

Went for the "refurbished room" and yes it's a definate improvement on my previous visit though the air con is still painfully inefficent and noisy so back to basics and open a window. Tranquil nights sleep and the conference food appetising and edible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was sorry to read you experienced a problem with the air conditioning unit in your room, any issues no matter how small we welcome guests to advise us on the first instance so we are able to rectify immediately.

I do hope despite your minor disappointment we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Farnborough
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have just returned from my first visit to The Escape Spa in the Hilton hotel. The receptionist, Kayleigh was very friendly and made us feel very welcome when we arrived. The spa had a pleasant and warm feel to it. My therapist Natasha was very nice, attentive and professional. I enjoyed a hot stone back, neck and shoulder massage and a facial, both which I would thoroughly recommend. We also enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea.
I really enjoyed my experience and would recommend a visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marion E
Thank you for your comments on this website. I was delighted to read your feedback on your Escape Spa experience, I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

South East
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Unfortunately had to stay at this hotel recently and from beginning to end was not good at all. Room was old and damp, bath side falling out, sealant dirty and generally bathroom was very tired, main problem was sooooo cold, heating didn't work, no extra blanket so even under duvet was freezing cold. Complained and was told no problem they were aware of. Wifi charged at £14.95 per night and doesn't work, kept cutting out and losing signal, was rung by the it support who told me it was my equipment that was at fault!!! I travel all the time and my laptop/iPad/iPhone all connect fine normally and did so everywhere else I went during this trip so funny how only in the hotel did it not connect!

Breakfast was horrible, the fried eggs looked like they were made of rubber, inedible actually, waited an age just to be brought tea when eventually I got up to find a server to ask for some as was not asked when seated.

On my last night I got to my room to find it literally freezing, not only was the heater completely broken (nothing working at all) but the room window was wide open (on the ground floor so anyone presumably could have ended my room whilst I was out all day) after an hour or so the heating was fixed but needless to say checking out of this hotel could nt come soon enough, Hilton hotels need to seriously fix the problems at this hotel it is giving the chain a very poor name!

Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Nick T
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I was naturally concerned to read of the problems you had experienced, this is not the normal service our guest receive whilst staying with us. I should like to offer you my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Based on my experience, customers at this property are given a choice between an attractive, but frigid room with no heat, or a dank, musty, dingy "unrenovated" room. Not fun. Silver lining is that the staff is quite apologetic -- they seem to have adopted an I'm-so-sorry-you-decided-to-stay-here attitude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoodCallDude
Thank you for posting a review on this website, I was sorry to read you had experienced some heating problems with your room. We want all our guests to enjoy the hotel when staying, I would therefore like to apologise that you were not as comfortable as expected.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when we are should your stay will be more enjoyable.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here after visiting friends in the area. Nice setting, very nice room, good size and well fitted out with nice quality bathroom. Very well placed for M4 for London or west. Good size towels !! Breakfast was fine too. Didnt get to use the pool but it looked lovely, maybe next time if we have more time. Helpful check in staff, all round a nice feeling about the place.

Room Tip: A bit of a hike to some of the rooms but nicely refurbished so worth it when you get there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your very positive feedback on this website. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton St Anne's Manor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!