“Premier inn at Premium prices, stay away!”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having recently attended a friends wedding at the hotel, I have been left totally dumbfounded and infuriated by the incompetence of the staff and the lack of desire to resolve issues caused by themselves.
My girlfreind made the booking for a two night stay of which I joined her on the second night, the booking was made in her name and under her card, however during our stay we decided to take advantage of the room service at 02:30 am.
The food arrived and we were told we would have to come to reception to swipe our cards as guarantee for the food, as I was in my dressing gown I then had to get dressed go to reception and have my card swiped while my food was getting cold.
The receptionist then tried to swipe for a value of £50 not the actual value of £34, which I used my card for as a GUARANTEE only.
The following day we did a fast track check out and left. I checked my bank balance 2 days later and the Hotel had withdrawn a total of £232.00!!! this value was more than the funds I had available and consequentially I have been fined from the bank for going over my limit.
I immediately raised the issue to the Duty Manager by phone, he advised that the payment was made by my girlfreinds card not mine and implied I was lieing.
He advised I would need to re-visit the hotel with a bank statement to prove they had made a mistake? I asked about the fine and was told that its not the hotels problem as they would not be aware of my funds available so would not be compensating me for that, he then proceeded to cover the mouth piece of the phone so he could deal with another customer! He closed the phone call by taking my details and saying he would look into the problem and call me.... he did not.
I then approached the hotel a week later with a bank statement and was served by an Asian lady who was the duty manager. She was incompetant to say the least and had to be helped by someone she was supposed to be managing in order to identify THEIR mistake. She was unable to proces a refund until she spoke to the person responsible for making the withdrawel but assured me she would call me to do so.
I asked for her Manager "Serge" to call me upon his return to the business to discuss compensation for :
1. The fine
2. My time in resolving their fault
3. My fuel for resolving their fault
4. The general inconvenience caused by their fault.

Over a week has passed and I have not received any communication...... to some them up, the stuff that dogs emit from their rear holes

Room Tip: Ones away from the Hotel are better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Wristrider

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've frequently dined here and had not hesitation in booking our daughter's Wedding Reception here. They could not have been more obliging, kinder, engaging and interested at every point in the process - down to accommodating guests from far and wide, serving great food and doping everything with polish and pride. It was a marvellous experience and they helped to make it so right, adding many unique and helpful touches.

The food here is always good and we find the prices sensible. The grounds are lovely, parking is easy and the accommodation offered is all you need when you're on the road. Somewhere elegant to sleep and relax, with quality food and a fine bar. Who could want more?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I was delighted to read such a positive response.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here for a business conference in October 2012.

Check in - there was no one on reception when I arrived and I had to wait a few minutes before someone came. Usual speedy service via Hilton Honours recognition programme.

Room - good size but in need of some renovation. As it was a ground floor room that had an adjoining door to the next room, there was some noise from next door as well as from above. There was a strong smell of damp in the bathroom which housekeeping were unable to remedy during my stay.

Restaurant / Bar - staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant has a full a la carte menu. (The other Hilton hotel in Bracknell offers a buffet in the main restaurant for evening meals and a limited menu in the bar). Food quality and service is very good, including breakfast offering.

Conference facilities - good rooms and very practical for large meetings / training sessions. Very well organised and a great variety of snacks and treats are provided. The business centre staff are extremely helpful.

Reception service - generally friendly but I had a poor experience when I tried to extend my room booking for one night. I requested an access code for the hotel's wifi so I could reserve an extra night and was told I should charge this to my room: £15 for the few minutes I needed was poor value. No one offered to make the reservation for me at reception and after some time practically pleading for help, I was given a code that provided 60 mins of free wifi so I could book the room myself.

From colleagues I understand that there are certain rooms that have been recently refurbished and are much better than those that are in need of some TLC. Perhaps something to ask about when you check in.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms on the first floor at check in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review on this website, I was sorry to read of the issues you experienced at Reception normally our Front Office team are on hand to greet all our guests on arrival.

We have indeed just completed a major refurbishment to 71 of our bedrooms, we also have bedrooms with character we can offer guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton St Anne's Manor and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed a few times before and always enjoyed ourselves albeit with the odd niggle. This time there were 26 of us for our annual family get together and everything was great. We were lucky enough to have a refurbished room which was one of the best designed hotel rooms we have stayed in. The bathroom and shower was brilliant. We used a function room for our party night and ordered the hot & cold buffet. This was well presented, constantly replenished and of excellent quality. The standard of food in the restaurant had also improved from our previous stays. Staff without exception were helpful and attentive and there were certainly no problems encountered by our party on what was a very busy weekend for the hotel. Well done St Anne's we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a refurbished room, the room wasn't the most spacious but was of excellent des...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Malcolm F
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your very positive feedback on this website. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton St Anne's Manor

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I called to check that I had been allocated one of the newly refurbished rooms. Unfortunately on arrival, I was shown to one of the older rooms - which was catagorised as a deluxe plus. I asked to be changed to another - and hit the same problem - a dark, damp smelling room. However, third time lucky, and we were shown to a very nice room indeed, catagorised as Deluxe. On my return, I contacted the hotel to inform them of my disappointment regarding the first 2 rooms, and the fact that the bedlinen was not the cleanest. They responded directly and carried out a full investigation, explaining both the short comings and the corrective actions. I was very satisfied with the reply........hence my decision to catagorise as a 4 star. They do listen to their customers !Grounds and bar area are fantastic, and the restaurant staff very helpful.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel - providing you have the "right" room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, I was sorry to read that you had problems with your rooms however glad we were able to sort out the situation to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

the breakfast was not bad considering
on booking in with 10 of our friends and a coach party only one person on reception !
no wonder this started things going wrong we were given the room key card swipe and went to our room to get ready for dinner and a great evening, we had been in the room for 1/2 an hour when knock, knock on the door - 'we have given you the wrong room' you will have to vacate!
to another room down the corridor - so get changed, repack, - down the corridor to a dingy unclean room, unpack again
guess what late for dinner, and no real apologies we ordered the set menu it was foul - luke warm soup - what was that taste- the waiters did not know, main course cold with a non descript sauce- is there an alternative? - yes can i have that please, it salmon, with the first bit cold again with an off putting bone in the first bit - give up because the chef did not care he was too much of a coward to face us
A bit noisy during the night with people coming back late and partying down the corridor
no heating operational in room 141 or heated towel rail
next morning thank the lord for an English breakfast

Room Tip: ask them to check your room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank keith e

Thank you for your feedback, on reading your comments this is not the normal high level service we pride ourselves at Hilton St Anne's Manor, I would like to offer my apologies for the disappointment you experienced.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel where we can restore your faith in the Hilton Brand.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is a poor version of the Hilton brand. Room was below average and had damp on the Walls, all fixings in bathroom were loose.
Location was good for local parks and amenities.
Food was ok.
On the plus side- Mohammed the bar man was awesome- made the bar feel like my local and was clearly overworked but still made time for people. A real credit to the Hilton company.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for posting your feedback on this website, I was sorry to read you were disappointed with your recent stay. We always try to offer the highest standard of service and product and it would appear on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

We have recently completed a major bedroom refurbishment and hopefully should you return to the hotel sometime in the future we can offer you one of these rooms.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Cantley House Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wokingham
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!