“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Where we live we have a little curry house which is a bit too small, the staff are a bit eccentric, and it can feel a bit like eating in someone's front room. We thought there was nowhere else like it, until we ate here! But what they both have in common is that they serve great food and the atmosphere is strangely brilliant! I'm a real foodie, and I know what I'm talking about. So trut me when I say this is very, very good. Sometimes I want contemporary surroundings, upmarket menu's and somewhere I can dress up to visit. Other times I really don't care what it's like, I just want good food and good value, and this definitely fits not the latter category. If you love curry, you will not be disappointed here...

2  Thank James B

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent food but a little bit more expensive than some of the competition; but then it is quite a small restaurant so they don't get so many covers each night. They always offer us a complimentary drink after our meal.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice little restaurant with lovely staff and good food and good value. If you want something a lttle more up market try Tamarind Tree but the Taj is great and you can normally get a table without booking.

1  Thank Wokinghamtravellers
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Always great curries, staters and great service...... for those who want traditional curries! Not modern fragrent types!

2  Thank PhildCartersHill
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Really not a very special food experience. We ordered a take away hoping the food had improved since we last tried this place about 5 years ago. We ordered a variety of meat, vegetable and bread dishes but none of them had any vim, vigour or excitement to them, each dish was equally bland. Maybe we'll try again in another 5 years.

2  Thank Sheritu