“Nice Change”

Ranked #19 of 147 Restaurants in Wokingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don't do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We're all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our Wokingham restaurant is situated right of Broad Street, next to the High Street. Take a gander around the old market town and then rest your weary legs at ours and have a bite to refuel. The chefs table allows a close up view of the kitchen at work, while leather booths and the conservatory area are perfect for a more private dining experience. If you're ever in the area, come see the Mulberry bushes, the Tudor houses and Zizzi. And if you're celebrating something special our party menus are perfect!
Reviewed November 28, 2013

First visit to Zizzis after being a die hard Prezzo fan and we weren't disappointed. Fondue and garlic bread was lovely and a good sized portion, calzone was fresh and better then Prezzo but pollo alforno was quite dry and not as nice as any pasta dish I've had from Prezzo but tasty non the less. Chocolate melt pudding was amazing also. Overall a very nice meal but main course portions could be bigger compared to other restaurants. Service was also quite slow and staff not that friendly.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a favourite dinner out with my group of friends. We have consistently good service and food. They have gluten free options on request and a fair few vegetarian options.
I've been when it's busy and quiet and it's not made a difference to service.
The potato wedges side are particularly yummy!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I used to live in the area and still have friends who do, so I often come to visit Wokingham. When I do I always make sure that on every visit I go Zizzis at least once. It's one of the very few restaurants around these days who are consistently great. The food is always delicious, if not even more so every time I go. With new additions to the menu fairly regular(I would highly recommend the new fondu starter). The staff are welcoming, polite and exceedingly friendly and make sure you are well looked after.

I would strongly recommend Zizzis in Wokingham to all visitors and all locals to Wokingham who are after a really good meal, strong service for a reasonable price.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Always awesome here. Great food and service. I am regular to this site and by far the best waiting staff in Wokingham. Always look after us nothing is ever a problem. Being a restaurant manager myself they need to be careful before I poach some staff. Keep it up! (Can be noisy though)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We visited the restaurant,having booked a table, to have lunch with our son and daughter-in-law. It was just as well we didn't have a pressing appointment as having arrived before 1 o'clock we had only received a shared starter by 2 o'clock. I eventually managed to catch the eye of the waiter, who had a very detached and uninterersted attitude from the outset and was told that "the pizza oven is small and everybody arrives at 1 o'clock". If that is so then maybe they should stagger the bookings accordingly. The pizzas arrived for our son and daughter in law who said they were delicious. However my goat's cheese ravioli and my husband's chicken dish were not hot having been served on cold plates. I would have sent them back but we were just glad to have something to eat by that stage. No one came to ask us if we were happy with our meal - maybe they were worried about our answer. The desserts arrived after we had waited nearly 20 minutes. We paid the bill and left, never to return. What a different experience to Zizzi in Henley where we have enjoyed some great meals with lovely staff.