“1 hr 30 min wait....”
Review of Papa John's

Papa John's
Ranked #26 of 30 Quick Bites in St Helens
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

1 hr 30 min wait for 2 pizzas and 2 sides. Called up after an hour of not receiving my order to be told it's ready but will take another 30 mins. Food finally arrived and it was luke warm. Wouldn't mind if it was cheap but it's not. Never ordering again and will definitely stick to Dominos in future!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

After two awful experiences previous I decided to give it one more go after it became "under new management" and were offering massive discounts. Now I should point out that a large pizza is just short of £20 so there needs to be massive discounts.
I ordered for collection and everything was ready when I collected...girl serving was nice....so far so good.
I ordered large pizza and some roast chicken wings for my cats (I'm sad like that). Now my pizza was okay and nothing more...I would describe it as "that was alright" and god only knows what the garlic dip was...tasted like pure butter with a garlic hint (I found it disgusting in all honesty)..so I would have just given it 3 stars on the basis of this....but after stripping the meat off the chicken wings and giving to the cats....they were my best friend all night and they would have given five stars I'm sure....so we compromised with a four star review.
The place still needs some work and the prices without the offers are shocking.

Date of visit: July 2019
3  Thank ropentastones
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Ordered £40 worth of food online... came an hr later.. realised wasnt passed the 2.49 bottle of Pepsi.. tried shout to driver but hed gone.. rang the shop n was told itd be in car so shed have hime come back.

Half hour later no sign so rang back and she says shes checked the cctv and the pop left the store so i must of def recieved it...
I was baffled... said what do u think im doing lying over a drink... ive paid 2.49 for it so i either want it refunded or replaced

She then decides a manager was in the car with the driver and saw him pass it me... convenient eh

Absolutely raging. Its the principal of it if anything! Paid 2.50 for something not delievered but then accused of lying about it from a snotty worker on phone who refuses pass over to a manager.

Wont be going there again

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Ordered 3 XXL pizzas on a Saturday, before ordering the girl today me we was looking about an hour to an hour and half wait which I said was fine, pizzas came just after an hour; hot, looked and tasted great. I will be reordering lovely

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Amydo19
Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

We ordered two takeaway pizzas to be delivered. The whole ordering and checkout procedure is very smooth and versatile. Food arrived within the hour, and was red hot. Can’t fault taste as cooked to perfection!

Only downside was it would be nice to know where your pizza is up to - something similar to the online tracker Pizza Hut and dominoes have would be good!

We don’t eat takeout much anymore but would certainly recommend here as it was so quick and easy to use and order!

Date of visit: January 2019