“£100 for a Hot Chocolate!!!”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #34 of 35 Quick Bites in St Helens
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Met friends for a drink which resulted in a £100 fine!! Apparently the staff should tell you to fill in your details when ordering a drink so your not fined, but guess what they don’t, I’ve never been asked!!

This is a scam between Starbucks and the landowners to make money! Can’t see this branch lasting forever!

Appealed and it was refused.... excellent customer service!!

3  Thank J6417SXnataliew
Write a reviewReviews (91)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

When you fine customers that are spending money in your stores you are a disgrace. You certainly won’t get money from me again.

4  Thank Lisaandderek
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Met friends on 4/1/20 for a catch-up and coffee. Just received a £100 ticket from @parkingeyeLTD. I have sent evidence of spending money in their store. But appeal rejected?? Simple, avoid @starbucksUK. It’s a scam.

4  Thank Halls1000
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Went for coffee with a group of lady friends who from past experience knew that if you gave in your car reg no you would not get fined for staying over the hour. Yesterday (5 days later) I received the £100 fine letter although none of the others had (as yet). It's a disgrace when you're spending in their cafe AND they are misleading you about the car reg information.

6  Thank Tripper24
Reviewed January 10, 2020

I met up for a meeting in this establishment as part of a voluntary organisation. Chose Starbucks because of its reputation to be good for these sorts of events. I was given a Parking Eye charge for the meetingblastingbover an hour which is ridiculous. We bought endless amounts of refreshments and thought we were safe as we were actually using the facilities unlike those parking to go to the Tesco Express. I received a Parking Eye Charge for doing what Starbucks promotes. I have appealed and my appeal was declined. I have emailed Starbucks directly and hope they can appeal the matter on my behalf. It would be a shame to think that they would rather lose a loyal customer over a meeting running over an hour. I will post the feedback I receive when I get one. I will reserve judgement until then. At the moment I will give them the 1 star it deserves.

Date of visit: December 2019