“Food was superb, shame about the service”

Havana Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 251 Restaurants in St Helens
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and a group of friends dined here on Saturday. The venue is very nice and the Aptmosphere is good. We ordered our food, I ordered the Brazilian steak. Over 40 mins passed and still no sign of the order to make matters worse not one member of staff Came to our table to ask if we would like a drink. If we needed a drink we had to shout to catch someone's attention. Anyway when the food eventually arrived I could not fault it. I the steak was superb and my partners and chicken and chorizo which was also well presented and generous portions. I the only issue here was service which was abysmal but the food was very nice.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been to havana so many times and every time has been amazing! I had my 21st party at Havana the staff done all they could to ensure I was happy an my party which made it much more enjoyable for me as I could relax, they provided me with a mouth watering buffet ribs, chicken wings, pizzas everything! The food was amazing! An they also provided me with a fresh fruit & cream birthday cake which was beautiful! Also they had live dancers on an they sent them up to my party before they went down stairs which made us feel extra special! This is a wonderful place for party venues, for meals an to just have a good time! I love it best place in St. Helens.

1  Thank Charlene2345
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The bride-to-be wanted cocktails and there aren't many cocktail bars in St. Helens!! Rubinos was mentioned along with Havana, both didn't have the best reviews on here. A friend did all the organising, we got 2 courses and a cocktail and the bride-to-be got a cocktail lesson, which was such a great addition to the hen party and she loved it!
The food was great, it was excellent value for money, especially the cocktail lesson (bargain!), the staff were lovely and the most important thing was the bride-to-be had a fantastic night!
Thank you Havana, I think we'll be back :-)

2  Thank JLJLA
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I contacted the restaurant and asked whether they could do a few special things for a hen night for a fixed price per person. They give us a special menu which included a cocktail for each person. The hen had a cocktail making lesson (with a rather dishy cocktail bar man). He got her to make 4 cocktails and after each one gave each of the other ladies a shot (poured directly into their mouths!!). The bar had hired dancers for the evening and had asked them to come to us before going into the main bar area. The staff were brilliant, the food was lovely, atmosphere was great and more importantly, the hen had the BEST NIGHT EVER!! Thank you Havana :-)

3  Thank CACowell
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We nipped in Havana bar today just for a quick sandwich but luckily decided to try the grilled chicken fillets with Diane sauce. One word Yum!!! The chicken was moist and tasty, the chips where homemade and very crispy (I suspect triple cooked) the salad was fresh with a very light tasty dressing and the Diane sauce was the best Iv had in any bar to date (and trust me I've tried lots with it being my favourite sauce). We complimented the friendly staff who told us there is an evening restaurant upstairs with more choice. Needless to say we will book in for the weekend. Just hope the people of St. Helens appreciate the level of cooking here and support the restaurant as decent food is hard to find in this town. We highly recommend trying Havana.

2  Thank Scampched