“Perfect!”

Micklehead Green Beefeater
Ranked #34 of 222 Restaurants in St Helens
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheshire
“Perfect!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I rang and booked a table at the micklehead for ten people. It was a late booking, I only booked the day before. The booking was for a special birthday. When we arrived the staff had put helium balloons on the table for free!! The food was freshly cooked and beautiful. We all had different meals aswell!! The atmosphere was relaxed and calm. But the service was impeccable. The waiter who served us was amazing. So polite and friendly. He really went above and beyond to make out meal out a really lovely experience. He was wonderful with the children aswell - four boys! He made an extra effort to get us what we wanted and even got salad for my little boy with his meal. Overall a fantastic time and I am going there again on Wednesday night!!!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“an evening to forget”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just read review, 'great offers for members'....unfortunately this was my experience...

Rarely do i feel the need to put pen to paper but, following a visit to the Micklehead Green late November 2013, the experience has compelled me to make an exception!

Following an e-mail relating to what on the face of it seemed a good offer, and being in the area on business and close to my fathers home, I decided to treat us both to an evening out.
We arrived at the Micklehead at approx 7pm, I immediately requested a table for both my father and myself and was told that due to the response of their latest promotion, there would be a 45min wait for food. OK, this I can understand, so we agreed to wait and have a drink whilst waiting.

Having eventually managed to get served at the bar, I suggested to my father, two rounds of drinks would be wisely purchased given the queue at the bar and the fact only one bar-person seemed to be serving.

Two drinks later and we still waited, so a third drink was purchased, which we thought at least we could take to the table to enjoy with our meal.....

Three drinks later and still we waited...by this time we had noticed just how many people had been given tables who had arrived long after ourselves!

So, at 8.30, I approached the duty manager, who informed me due to the pressure of this latest offer, the kitchen staff were having difficulty coping. Also, bookings for tables had been made on-line and those were being seated in priority order over 'walk-ins'...however, he hoped to have us seated within 5mins!

My father is 79 years of age, a diabetic who needs to eat regularly and whilst not an invalid, he is not the strongest of individuals. So, at 8.45pm, we gave up!...almost a two hour wait, several rounds of drinks and no firm conclusion as when we may eat! Thankfully, we still had time to catch our local chinese before closing, so settled down to a chicken pineapple and a sweet and sour...ironic, not the only sour part of the evening!

• Visited November 2012
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Great offers for members”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a Beefeater restaurant and the steaks are just great, members also have vouchers for free bottles of wine, the staff are very good and cater for anything you request from the menu and look after you very well during your visit

Visited February 2013
St Helens, United Kingdom
“A nice place to eat”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We come here quite often and always find the food well cooked and the place clean and tidy.
There is ample free parking outside, from there on you go into the bar area which has a good selection of drinks.
The seating area is large enough to accomodate quite large parties if needed.
The staff were attentive and the drinks were served quickly, the soft drinks are bottomless which is a bonus if you are with people who put cola away.
The Steaks are cooked as you ask for them and there is a good selection of sauces, all served with fries, again there are free top ups of fries.
There is a good dessert menu which caters for everyones taste, the puddings are very nice indeed.
As for problems, we have yet to encounter any, if anything, it could possible do with an indoor play area for smaller children.

• Visited January 2013
warrington
“really welcoming”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

as you walk in the micklehead is a pleasure clean spotless nice pleasant bar staff cold beer a must and a spacious restaurant we had the breadsticks with oils first then steaks they were cooked to perfection nice crisp chips and a lovely salad a cold bottle of wine and great service maybe this place uses frozen food but i would go back there again and again

• Visited January 2013