“Awful place, will never return! Don't waste your money!”

The Chinese Buffet - St Helens
Ranked #26 of 225 Restaurants in St Helens
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant.
Perth, Australia
“Awful place, will never return! Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant for my mums 70th birthday. We had pre booked a table for 10 of us. We were placed far away from the food at a table over looking a dodgy car park. We asked for a nicer table and was met with hostility. I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude and I actually felt sorry for the person who had asked on our behalf to be moved.
My mum was not made to feel special in any way, which I was very angry at! A smile and a warm welcome goes a long way!
The food was horrible! Burnt ribs, sloppy food, the sweet and our chicken turned my stomach and there was a chocolate fountain with no fruit etc. we asked 3 times and then they eventually came out with vile marshmallows.
In case you all think I am a professional moaner, I must say I have visited this restaurant 3 times before and it has been okay! After the awful food, shocking service and bad visit last time I (and my family and friends now) wont return.
So, if you like broken lifts, rude management, filthy toilets and horrible food then book a table.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank lovelylynds23

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
“Best Value Quality Chinese all you can eat”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not all fried food here
Great price fresh cooked food tasty
Grill bar not the best as waiting can be tedious but so much other food to enjoy dont bother!!
Godd variety from starters to dessert for all people of all ages and those who like chinese food takeaway style but eating in and no washing up!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank HolidayGuru007
Preston, Lancashire
“Good quality food”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

There is so much to choose from here! The mains and always hot and tasty, the grill food is always ready to order and the desserts are heavenly! (Especially the chocolate fountain!)

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sumner23
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Great value and brilliant food selection”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been a couple of times to the Chinese Buffet and each time have found good selection of food dishes even including none chinese dishes. The food is always hot and fresh dishes always being brought out. Not had the same dish twice as always find something new to try and even our 11yr son finds something he likes but loves the sweet pancakes freshly made.

• Visited March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Been here before, so brought the family here for a family celebration.

This time around I was slightly disappointed with the foyer, looked shabby looking, and the coloured water feature wasn't working.

My first visit gave me a wow factor.. However once inside I was not disappointed.

Shown to our table, where our drinks order was taken quickly, but did take a while to arrive.

The food selection I think is fantastic, and caters for a wide selection, from kids food, to vegetarian and has all the classics you would expect to see in a all you can eat Chinese buffet style resuraunt.

What done it for me was the duck pancakes, the teppanyaki counter were you can select all your own ingredients and watch the chef put together your creation, great fun..

Then there is the kids menu, which also does chicken nuggets which my two young nephews loved.

And who can complain about the Micky Mouse style pancakes with all the different toppings available.

Don't get me started on the deserts, was in desert heaven. So much to choose from, you just can't help but go up for more and more.

Don't get me wrong, not gourmet quality, but nice food at great value for money.

Will be going back again soon that's for sure.