“Best brekkie”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If like me you don`t like to dine in "greasy spoon" type places give Toast a try. They do a cracking all-day brekkie for around a fiver including tea or coffee & it really can`t be beaten. The surroundings have a lovely continental bistro type atmosphere. The menu is quite small but perfectly adequate for breakfast & lunches & all food is freshly prepared. Lovely :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently used Toast's outside catering service for our son's Christening party and could not be more made up! Having visited Toast many times, we knew the quality would be excellent, but the 'Afternoon Tea' style buffet (sandwiches, cake, and scones with jam and cream) was perfect for the occasion and exceeded all expectations. Everyone commented on how delicious and fresh the food was, and the children's platter of dinosaur-shaped sandwiches and salad sticks went down a treat too! But not only did it taste amazing, the presentation was stunning! Beautiful vintage plates, fresh strawberries, and roses in teapots made a fantastic buffet just that little bit more perfect :)

3  Thank Stephanie2181
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Situated on the busy Dentons Green Lane, it can be quite easy to drive past Toast. It may be worth your while stop the car and treat yourself. Breakfast, Lunch or even afternoon tea, the food is always freshly cooked and tasty. Ignore some of the negative reviews and just go and see for yourself.

4  Thank ann159
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having just eaten another delicious breakfast at Toast I felt compelled to write a review. Basically it was fabulous. Not only the food, which was freshly cooked with delicious sausages, black pudding, crispy bacon- well eveything you would except from a perfect English breakfast, but the friendly atmosphere and the friendly service. I have been on many ocassions over the past two years with my family and with friends and I have always left feeling full and having had excellent value for money.Am very surprised that it has had some poor reviews, but I suppose you will always find people who just like a good moan! overall I would recommend Toast to anyone who like good quality, fresh food in a quirky, comfortable atmosphere.

2  Thank sarajsmart
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I cannot believe the recent poor reviews of this cafe and feel their maybe a hidden agenda with some of these reviews.
I have been going to Toast since day 1 - it has quickly evolved into a much sought after place to eat. It is always busy but the service is always friendly and the food worth the wait. The food is always fresh and cooked to order so obviously it does not arrive in 2 minutes flat and I would be worried if it was.
I have used Toast for many private events and they have always been Excellent. I have been so impressed by everything at Toast that I asked them to cater for my dauhgters wedding which was a sit down meal for 70 in a venue that had only limited kitchen facilities and the food and the service were faultless.
I would recommend Toast to anybody (as I actually do)
As to a couple of recent negative reviews - I would take these with a pinch of salt - Toast is spotless and the food excellent.
Read my other reviews - I am always honest.
PS it will only allow me to choose one group that I have visited with but can safely say I have been with family, friends for business and as a couple.

2  Thank susan w