“Hit and miss”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Been here for a drink several times, its okay!
Eaten twice, one absolutley terrible and the second time pretty good.
The owner is not liked by many people as I live locally I have heard several people say he is not a nice host, I cant say myself either way.
I would try it again I think, as the last meal was good.

• Visited July 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice location, food not to good”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

the food is just 'normal pub food' the steak was expensive but very tough... ok for a quite drink not food.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ralph R
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Won't be going there again!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We visited this pub for a birthday meal, it wasn't particularly full and we were shown straight to our table. After waiting for other members of our party we ordered starters and waited for the food to arrive. What arrived was obviously bought over the counter frozen food! The prawn skewer was particularly nasty, with chewy prawns and luke warm food, likewise the chicken teryaki was chewy. The mains were a mixed bag with the fishermans platter being overcooked to the point of being inedible, and the Angus Aberdeen Burger was all bun and very little burger. The service was sketchy and ordered drinks didn't appear entailing a trip to the bar. However the overall cost was very cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. For such a charming venue the overall experience was a real let down.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Valo2207
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“home cooking”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

nice atmosphere nice home cooked food good for sunday lunch but gets very busy on a sunday nice and friendly

1 Thank gill009
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful british food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This homly pub doesnt feel like a regular pub, its extreemly friendly staff and owners make you feel at home & very welcome. I have dined here many times with my family, for the unbeatable Sunday Roast, & for special family occasions. I would highly recomend that you give Stanley Arms A try, the food is just beautifuly cooked & presented and it tastes delish! I promise you will not regret it!