“Gorgeous Glassware”

273 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Glassware”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

There are displays of different types of glassware and you can watch glassblowing. Also, relive St Helens past and watch a special effects film show. See the beautiful chandelier that used to be in Manchester Airport and there is a shop and restaurant. It is hard to explain just how interesting an experience it is visiting the World of Glass.

Stockport, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“something for everyone, with excellent staff”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I were included in a group visit. We thought a whole day for one attraction, as planned, would leave us time to see the town, but all our time was spent enjoying the attractions on site. There is a well-stocked shop, two art galleries, a museum (very well labelled), a mirror maze for youngsters, a restaurant, tunnels, videos, and glass-blowing. The staff were most attentive and friendly wherever we went and made us feel very much at home. We all agreed it had been an excellent day out.

Visited May 2013
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My first visit and fortunate enough to arrive as the glass blowing demonstration was about to start, which was amazing to watch. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, especially Tony whom I had quite a chat too! There is a mirror maze, an art gallery, tunnels and film shows, so many things to see. I had soup in the cafe, enormous helping! I paid £6 for a senior citizen ticket which was well worth the money.

Visited April 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“superb!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Have visited this attraction several times and have never yet been disappointed. Visited with my husband, my 5yr old daughter and my parents. In my daughters words "I loved the glassblowing, finding the wizard in the maze and meeting and playing with new friends that I made there". In my words it was great value for money, the staff were extremely efficient, friendly and informative. The glassblowing demonstration is excellent and the demonstrators themselves true professionals within their trade. The tunnels are first class as is everything about this unmissable attraction. This time we did not have time to visit the cafe area, but, I know from past experience, that this is first rate too and excellent quality and value

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“a must see”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A superb day out. Fab staff who are willing to share their knowledge. The demonstrations were amazing. The place clean , well set out. Lots to do, see. Our 2 young girls loved it. My husband very much enjoyed the actual having a go at glass blowing. He said it was an experience he will never forget. The cafe food was gorgeous and hot. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. Thanks sara!

Visited March 2013