“Food and service great value for money”
Review of Grafton Manor

Grafton Manor
Ranked #77 of 120 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2011

For around £25 per person for 3 courses (+ extras) this was a great night out. The price includes a glass of house red,white or rose on arrival which is served in the parlour upstairs infront of a roaring log fire. Nibbles are also served while you look at the menu which is a lovely touch (no extra charge for these). After choosing our meal and wine we were led downstairs to our candlelit table. We were served homemade bread (also included in price) and iced water without us having to ask. Whilst the individual portions are not huge - collectively what you are served from arrival to dessert is very filing and very tasty indeed! Additional charges are any extra side dishes with mains, wine at the table and any coffee or dessert wines- we just went for more wine!

I believe that you would struggle to find this quality of food and service together in one place at a great price anywhere else in the area.

We will be back!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband and I were being taken to Grafton Manor for a meal with friends, and as we were new to the area and had not heard of the place we were looking forward to the experience. My friend had eaten there previously and had thought the food and prices were not too bad. Not so this time!
It was Mother's Day and maybe the menu had been designed to rip-off a captive market but at £28+ for a meal, (not including any drinks), which involved choosing from about three choices per course was not my idea of good selection. My friend had pate, a great lump of pate, but with no bread/toast and when she asked for some, she was kept waiting and then offered two quarter pieces of toast! The main courses, were very small, two pieces of meat and obviously warmed-up vegetables consisting of about three potatoes, a dry, burnt parsnip and some withered looking greens. The desserts were very, very dull and small. To then order tea and coffee and be charged , we considered was adding insult to injury!
I would think that unless this restaurant improves, many people will certainly not be eating there again.

3  Thank carol-ann-h
Reviewed January 13, 2010

The question you should ask yourself is when you eat at a restaurant can the price you pay per head depend on if you have an odd or even number of people in your party? Of course not because that would just be silly. Welcome to Grafton Manor.

How can a restaurant charge you more for just being single? Tried to re-book (after being taken by some friends) 5 people in for meal to be told the fifth person would have to pay 50% more than the other four. Honestly I am not joking.....they were being deadly serious.

I was promised a call back to discuss the matter with the managers who have not even be bothered to call me.

They clearly have no idea what customer service is or how to run a restaurant. The member of staff I spoke to was useless. My advice........go somewhere else where you will feel more welcome - especially if you don't currently have a partner!

5  Thank JHigg3
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Grafton Manor is the perfect setting for a romantic meal. Its a former Country house within its own well manicured grounds. Impeccable service is provided from the moment you arrive until you leave. Pre and after dinner drinks are taken in a sumptuous lounge, a truly stately setting in which to relax. We had booked for the Valentines Day lunch and each specially created course was delicious. The extensive wine list can cater to all tastes and budgets.

It was wonderful to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon in front of the roaring log fire in a sumptuous lounge after enjoying such good food and wine. Given the setting, excellent service and very good food makes this family owned establishment good value for money and worthy of strong recommendation. Its really like being entertained in an era from a bygone age and well away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world.