Premier Inn Bromsgrove South (Worcester Road) Hotel
  • Restaurant
$67
$60
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Bromsgrove Marlbrook(Bromsgrove)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Bromsgrove(Bromsgrove)(Great Value!)
Hillscourt(Rednal)
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubnext doorroom was cleanovernight stopbudget hotelpublic houselong journeyfamily weddingreception staffgreat night's sleepno liftcooked breakfastexcellent stayfamily roomwedding receptionwould stay againswan
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good location & easy to find. Check-in smooth. Following comments from this site I requested a "room at the rear" & my allocated room was changed without question. Hotel a bit 'aged' but good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We picked Bromsgrove South to break our journey to Cornwall as its at the end of the M6/start of the M5. But its also on a bad corner on a busy road so a bit noisy if you like the window open. We arrived at 10.25pm after a 3hr journey, the staff member was friendly & she offered to move us from room 21 when I laughed & said we always get the top floor, nice lady. We didn't bother moving as its only one set of stairs but note no lift if that's a problem The pub next door (meal venue) was closed early as it was bank holiday Monday so we had a coffee in the room. The room was very dated and in need of the update that most Prem Inns have had otherwise comfortable, everything worked and was clean. We went for breakfast at the pub next door, run down inside & out, dark and staff not interested. Big empty planters in the restaurant looked like they'd been empty for a long time, take them out & get rid of the dry dusty 'flowers' on the window sills! Extension lead sitting on table behind toaster in violation of health & safety. Grubby. We won't go to that one again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This PI is well situated for the Midlands, especially Worcestershire. The staff are always friendly and helpful, both in the accomodation and the dining area. The food is excellent value and well presented.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I originally booked a two night stay at the Premier Inn Bromsgrove South as we were over visiting for a wedding in the area. On check in, everything was pretty standard, the room was basic, but we were expecting that for the price.

Our second nights sleep was disturbed at approximately 8.30am with a fire alarm. So much for the Premier Inn website saying 'Get a great nights sleep or get your money back with our Good Night Guarantee' as no such mention was made by reception staff.

Sadly it didn't end there. My girlfriend ended up being seriously ill a few hours before we were due to check out. I visited reception and asked if we could get a later check out and was simply told no. So with no other option we checked out at midday and went into the Swan Pub next door. My girlfriend repeatedly visited their restroom to be sick as she was ill. It became apparent we weren't going to be able to travel home, so I went back into the hotel to see if I could book a room for that night. The only room available was a disabled room which was fine given the circumstances, however the price was over £70, almost the same amount we had paid for the previous two nights combined. I thought it was a bit steep but I had no choice and needed to get my girlfriend somewhere more comfortable than the pub so I handed over the cash. Its important to point out that this time that this room (Room 7) had no mobile phone signal.

As her condition didn't improve, I asked reception if they could call out a doctor. The receptionist looked at me blankly and said she didn't know of one, but would get me a few numbers off the internet to try. I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't guest information book in the room which had a list of important phone numbers, one of those being for an on call doctor. This was most surprising for a large national hotel chain. I had to call the numbers myself, leaving my girlfriend on her own. As we were visiting the area and weren't registered with any local doctors practices no doctor would come out to the hotel. As we were without transport and my girlfriend wasn't in any state to be moved this was no good.

The receptionist was unable to offer any further help other than to say that the next receptionist would be starting shortly and may have a better idea of how to help. After checking on my girlfriend, who had repeatedly been vomiting for around 5 hours now and as a result was in an extreme amount of pain I felt I had no other choice but to call an ambulance. The receptionist would not do this for me, meaning I had to leave my girlfriend unattended yet again, however they did allow me to use their phone to make the call.

When the paramedic arrived the 'new' receptionist initially showed him to the wrong room as they system hadn't been updated. After checking out my girlfriend and running tests, the paramedic was able to get a local on call doctor to visit us at the hotel, who provided medication which helped tremendously. After an hour or so, when my girlfriend had settled, I went to the garage across the road to get a bottle of water. On my way out the receptionist asked how she was doing, but while I updated him he was more concerned about looking at my watch.

Although my girlfriend got to sleep quickly, I struggled to as the fan in the bathroom would not stop, even with the light off and door closed. We mentioned this to reception when we checked out, but were met with sniggers and 'oh thats a new one' said sarcastically.

There was no sign that a duty manager had been informed of the situation, and the staff at reception were not proactive in the slightest to see if there was anything they could do. As a result of this stay at a Premier Inn, I can safely say I will never book a stay with another one.

Room Tip: The number one tip I have is to book somewhere else, somewhere more professional.
1  Thank C_Woods_-_C_Smyth
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bromsgrove South (Worcester Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were rather worried after reading the reviews just before we visited in August 2013 but were very relieved that we experienced no such problems. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and as we had a wheelchair this was much appreciated. As far as the breakfast was concerned it was hot food served on hot plates, good choice of cereal and plenty of toast. I would agree that the coffee was not very good and would be better served in posts or from the expresso machine they had, otherwise no complaints.

Room Tip: Obviously rooms at the back are quieter as I would imagine traffic noise would be heard at the front.