“Standard Premier Inn handy for the Artrix”

Premier Inn Bromsgrove Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Birmingham England
“Standard Premier Inn handy for the Artrix”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We arrived no problems and checked in ok. Our room on the first floor was the usual Premier Inn standard. Comfy bed plenty of bedding and pillows. The bathroom other than both soap dispensers were empty was clean. There was a big crack in the washbasin which look grubby. Enough clean towels. Kettle and tea making facilities. Hairdryer. The room was too warm though even with the plug in fan. No internal or external noise even though our room was overlooking the gym car park. Plenty of free parking.

Good idea that I havent noticed at any other Premier Inn is that they have jars of extra tea coffee sugar and milk which saves you waiting at reception. Theres never enough in the rooms.

We eat about 5pm on the Saturday - The service was good food was fast and tasty and good value. We also managed a couple of pints after the gig but managed not to get up in time for breakfast :-)

Bad point like most Premier Inns the staff dont check the soap dispensers often enough. Both our dispensers were empty which by the time you realise you are in the shower :-)

We were seeing Toyah at the Artrix which is about 3 minutes across the carpark and Google kept telling me it was a couple of mile drive or a 20 minute walk? Lucky I called the Artrix and the people there were very helpful and advised the Premier Inn was just across the cark park else I might of looked at booking elsewhere?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimQueenofQuo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
England
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed here because I was going to a show at Artrix (which is just across the carpark). The usual no-frills good-value PI set-up, the only difference from others I've been to is that the bar/restaurant is just across the road from the hotel, and so was quite a bit bigger and busier than the usual operation.

Had dinner and breakfast there, and it was excellent pub food, very good value for money. I was particularly impressed with breakfast, and didn't really need to go for the full English option, because the contintental breakfast was so generous - with lots of healthy options.

I find Premier Inn staff are always super-friendly, but want to give the staff here a special mention as even more friendly and helpful than usual.

My only complaint (and this goes for other PIs I've stayed in) is that it is very geared up to people arriving by car. If you come on foot, the directions aren't very good - in this case I ended up finding myself walking through a little copse alongside the dual carraigeway and wondering if I'd got lost, which wasn't too nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We were a bit apprenhensive to stay in a Premier Inn, however, we had no choice as all other hotels in Bromsgrove were fully booked. We were however, very surprised and pleased with this hotel, and will definately be using them again. We had a family room with 4 beds and a cot. The room was comfortable, and we all got a good night's sleep. The staff made it absolutely clear when checking in that if we were unhappy with anything, we should let them know, and they would do something about it.

We'll be going back to Bromsgrove again soon, and I'm definately staying here !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seeb, Oman
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Appart from the fact that I couldn't find the place ( cheers, Google Maps), once there it was great. Friendly lady on reception, although I must say this rather annoying British trend right now for staff to talk like voiceovers on a radio ad drives me nuts! No fault of the lady, but very much prescribed: ' if you do happen to have any questions, do let me know, we guarantee a good nights sleep and Premier Inn do .....etc...etc..". It was the same in the restaurant the next morning, as soon as the woman said " Have you ever eaten in a Brewers Fayre before?" I thought, oh, here we go again!

Anyway, talking of a good nights sleep...I slept like a log...a great room, cosy and clean. the telly kept switching itself off every 10 minutes though, not sure what that was about.

I liked the breakfast a lot, friendly, lots of food, but seriously, kill the dance music at 7.30am, I've only just woken up at that point and I don't need Shakira blasting out....eeeeeasssseeeee into the day eh??!!!

Location, good for the town, bad for the station.

I've stayed in NH hotels that cost 3 times this and had a poor nights sleep and average food, this Premier Inn was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ChangiChap
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Staff were welcoming.
Hotel was clean and well maintained.
Room was comfortable, spacious and quiet.
Breakfast was great, the dining area was light, welcoming and relaxed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Wales
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Hotel staff were lovely and kind. Room was bright and just what you need for a 2 night stay.
The restarant looked nice from the outside and we had drinks and a couple of meals there. We were very disapointed. The meal i ordered had been reheated and was like rubber to eat. I told the staff and they told me if i wanted to reorder something else i was have to wait 45 mins due to lack of staff and it being busy. we still had to pay for the meal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bromsgrove Central Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I booked in under the £79 meal deal. The room was clean but I found the mattress uncomfortable. When I went down to eat, I looked at the menu showed my voucher & was told that I had to choose from a much smaller menu. I have to eat gluten/wheat-free & there was not one item on the menu that did not have some form of gluten in it! When I told the staff that I had to eat gluten-free, they would not allow me anything else! Head-office would not allow it! I was forced as a result to take risks with my food!

Breakfast was better

• Stayed March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to Premier Inn Bromsgrove Central Hotel? Share your experiences!