“An update”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Worcestershire
“An update”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Thought it was only fair to add an updated review. We called in over the festive period for a pint, mostly as our local pub closed through most of Christmas. When the place is quieter its certainly a bit more pleasant. The staff were friendly, there was little wait time to be served although two out of three times we were still presented with 'pints' that were far from a pint. Waited, asked and did get them toped up though they weren't much better after, seems some of the bar staff just haven't had training in pouring some of the drinks. The place was clean too, I'd go back again for a drink though it doesn't have the feel of a pub anymore and is clearly more of a restaurant for people with small children that just happens to server beer.

• Visited December 2012

bromsgrove
“Can't believe previous reviews”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a fantastic meal husband had rib eye steak , cooked to perfection , do not understand previous reviews must of been bad day , give this place a try

• Visited January 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Unable to cook the basics.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have awarded only two points out of a potential 5 because the service and decor were fine. The waiter was doing really well considering he kept getting sent out with terrible food. We were their as a family for a birthday party. It had been booked in advance. My sister had a supposedly hand-battered fish and chips. Working in a kitchen myself I would never have sent out what my sister got given. Batter should be a delicious golden brown... not burnt brown. The fish inside should not still have its skin and bones... however this did. Other family members had the same meal with the same disastrous results. I ordered their 9oz sirloin and rib combo. I asked for my steak to be cooked medium. When my food came out (aprox 10 mins after I ordered - which is fine) my steak was very definitely rare with my plate swimming with blood. It was also missing the onion rings. After cutting into it and seeing just how rare it was I sent it back. It came back within 3 mins as a fresh steak and was still far too bloody and this time it was also missing my corn on the cob. After paying over 10 pounds for a meal I do not expect to have to keep sending it back. As I said before, I work in a kitchen and I know that there is no way you can cook a steak from scratch to medium in 3 minuets. I will not be returning as it is far too over priced for the absolutely abysmal food you get served. However, it was on the 09/01/13 we went at about 19:30 and the young lad (dunno his name - he had short dark hair) working the bar and running the food was doing an excellent job - despite getting sent out with terrible food. If any management from the Hungry Horse check their reviews on TripAdvisor you can thank this young man for getting 2/5 rather than 0. You might want to check that your kitchen staff understand how to cook fish and steak too as we will not be returning.

• Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“least i lived to tell the tale”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went there as a family and ordered the fish. Unfortunately when it arrived it was full of bones, not merely the odd one, i found this out when swallowing one at the start of the meal. When speaking to the member of staff she chuckled and told us that all of their fish had lots of bones in and pointed us to the part of the menu that states fish MAY contain bones.

Clearly we will not be returning and would highly recommend that people read the reviews before taking their chances with the restaurant

Visited December 2012
Bromsgrove
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“C*@p Leet”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Inexperienced staff who can't put their 'training' into practice which was an excuse given by the Manager at a later date. Extremely poor Customer Service by 3 Staff Members we dealt with. Listening Skills appear to be an issue from taking the wrong order to not being able to understand or accept information from Customers when they tell Staff they have taken the wrong order. Avoid place at all costs unless you are happy to eat at what seems like something out of a Carry On film. Carry On Court Leet. Lol!!

• Visited October 2012