Grafton Manor
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed one night here as members of a wedding party. The owners and staff are friendly helpful, and awesomely efficient, without being obtrusive (so 10/10 to them!). It's a beautiful old manor, mostly Elizabethan (1567), rebuilt in the late 1700s - so fairly modern then! The grounds are pretty and interesting (where else can you get close up to an Elizabethan fish stew (look it up). It has its own chapel, which is unremarkable but very calming and spiritual. Beds and general level of comfort are great.
All in all, I'd recommend it very highly indeed.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have some view, but the best views are probably rooms either side of the Porch roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

A warm and friendly welcome and a delightful Christmas Day lunch. Starting with with pre-lunch drinks in the library we felt pampered and so very comfortable, an excellent wine list from which we chose a reasonably priced Rose which complimented a superb meal for each of us and my wife's vegetarian main course was well prepared and delicious, we could not eat the five courses so we missed the cheese course out and it read so tempting on the menu!
The service was efficient and nothing was too much trouble, we can't wait for our next visit which will be to enjoy the Indian cuisine celebration.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GraftonManor , Public Relations Manager at Grafton Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Christmas is always a very special time at Grafton, with traditional decorations and open log fires. Great atmosphere and we enjoy sharing the holiday season with our many guests.
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

On searching for wedding venues we came across grafton manor. It is a very grand looking building.
Staff are helpful and polite and we were shown around the venue by a young lady.
Although a very beautiful hotel, we did think it was very expensive.
What a beautiful venue and would like to come back on an open day.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank SusanMackie
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For last 10 years we have been regularly meeting up with friends to start our Christmas celebrations at the Grafton. This year, however, extremely disappointed. Despite when I booked stating we were looking forward to the Christmas meal when we arrived there was no Christmas Menu just a normal one, that stated you had to pay extra from bread and tea/coffee. When we asked about the Christmas Menu were told that it had changed, although this is still advertised on their website. Both myself and a friend went for the chicken in sauce but there was no sauce. When questioned the waitress she returned back from speaking to the Chef that it was under the chicken. IT WAS NOT. There were no crackers on the table or decorations in the restaurant part as well. My daughter ordered the cheese and biscuits but could not eat them all so we asked to take them home with us and were told for "health and safety" reasons this is not allowed. We did write a complaint letter to the hotel but the only apology was for the menu - nothing else. So disappointed as I regularly recommended this place to everyone I knew. NOT ANY MORE!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PantoBabe
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been here for birthdays and special occasions over the years and always found it excellent. The service, standard of food and value. The House is fabulous a bit dated but very tasteful. Service always good and attentive. I know that they primarily cater for the wedding industry with only a few bedrooms. The restaurant supports this for dinner and breakfast.
I have booked a table in the restaurant many times but rarely stayed over.
On my last visit i left somewhat disappointed whilst the service was good the meal lacked it's usual fineness and quality. Soup was ok but nothing special i suppose soup is soup wherever. The main of red mullet and clams with risotto was fine but you would expect the clams to decorate the edge of the plate whereas it was a bowl of risotto with the mullet on top, no clams no decoration not even a sprinkle of dressing or micro herbs or even lemon.Just a bit dull. The chocolate brownie was dry no soft chocolate centre didn't look enticing though perfectly edible. My guest had roast Belly pork which was overcooked even dry at the edges lacked intensity of flavours the jus thin and lacked flavour. The carrots although nicely placed were just large carrots not the usual baby carrots which high end restaurants usually present.
Grafton Manor have to up their game as there are other restaurants pushing them out and thats a shame as it was my favourite place to eat.
If you want a quiet place to dine at an affordable price then the restaurant might suit you. After my visit i feel if you want to be wowed then this may not be place anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DeanWorcestershireUk
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Spent the whole day at Grafton manor for a family wedding, and wow I was bowled over by the building, the stunning grounds, the rooms were totally in keeping with the era, the bar is an amazing room, like a gentlemen's club! The staff are friendly and it is family run, the family are professional but friendly.The whole day was brilliant. The best lamb I've eaten for many years! Such a great wedding venue!

Room Tip: We stayed in Whitlock which over looked the garden, small but perfect just maybe needs to have a bet...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from a three night trip to Bromsgrove to watch my son play in a cricket festival, we arrived at Grafton Manor at about 4:30 and waited about 15minutes before anybody came to great us! Eventually we were shown to our room which is in great need of updating! Toilet did not always flush, bathroom was very dark you could hardly see what you were doing! Next day at breakfast, they lady who served us didn't show any interest in us at all, she never said "did you sleep well? Or what are you doing today? " The breakfast was as a previous guest commented 'ordinary' We spent two nights at Grafton Manor and we only meet three people, none of which were family! The hotel website goes on about it being a family hotel so why didn't the family bother to introduce themselves to us and ask us if everything was ok. I paid my bill, which in my opinion was far too much for the stay, the lady did not ask if I had had a good stay, nothing. Very unprofessional, which is a great shame because the setting is so nice but that is as far as it goes. If they have only got time for wedding guest then don't do hotel accommodation! We spent our last night at brockencote hall, what a difference, they couldn't do enough for you. The receptionist asked us what we were doing on the day we checked out and when I told her "watching cricket" she offered me bottles of water to take with me! If you bother to read this review I suggest you look at Brockencote Hall!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AllumAllum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn
The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Been to Grafton Manor? Share your experiences!