TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,106 results
All reviews bar area poached eggs public areas wedding party evening meal steam room wedding reception enjoyable stay buffet style stayed here for one night plenty of parking nick executive gym motorway venue birmingham
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night and found the staff very helpful and the room very quiet
. If i had one criticism it is that there are no sockets near the bed to be able to charge your phone. The only free sockets were the kettle or desk area.

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Stay698269,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

Ensuring guest complete satisfaction is our goal and it seems that your recent stay left a little to be desired. I'm sorry to hear your uneasiness due to the inadequate sockets in the room.

I shared this with our local management and rest assured that this will be discussed accordingly.

On a brighter note, we're delighted to hear that you liked the quiet ambiance of the room. I'm glad to know that you find our staff very hospitable.

We look forward to hosting your stay again and I hope your next visit would be just around the corner!

Safe travels,

Jomar M.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed there with my son on a relatively quiet Saturday night, polite staff is the only positive to this hotel, parking was a case of avoid the deep pot holes, walking to reception and you notice all the external window frames are rotten, on entry the staff are polite, got to the room (225) and wow ! It was in a very very poor state, paint peeling off ceiling, brown marks in bathroom ceiling where there is a leak, bed was broken and sagged in the middle, all the skirting bashed, wallpaper ripped, mouldy bathroom the list is endless, the swimming facilities are tired and in need of some elbow grease and a maintenance team that care !
In reality this is a hostel/B&B masquerading as a hotel, paying guests deserve better, there are much better hotels locally

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello ohafc,

We are all about giving exceptional service to our guests and are committed to comfort in every way. I'm sorry there were a couple of issues you encountered that spoiled your stay. I know how letdown you must have felt towards the cleanliness of the room, it's flooring and our swimming facility. I have conveyed your comments to the housekeeping manager and maintenance department for checking.

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Birmingham - Bromsgrove and do give us a second chance to make it up to you.

Safe travels,

Deborah R.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

Rate your stay says a card in your room & Is your stay 10 out of 10? If not we will "make it right." A 4 star hotel with a £3.5 million investment reads information supplied by the hotel on trip advisor and facebook. Expectations are high. This is how I rated my stay
1. Poor first impression despite the £3.5 million investment. Large potholes in car park and the veneer on the large holiday inn sign was badly damaged. Stay so far 9 out of 10.
2. Poor check in. We were not informed our room had no working air con. There was a framed letter on the check in desk informing guests that a number of rooms had no working air con and guests allocated these rooms would be offered free drinks at the bar. Which we were not. Stay now 8 out of 10.
3. When we discovered the air con in our room was not working I went down to recaption to complain. I was cheekily told by the Man who checked us in 'Ah, yes the air con is not working in your room, thats why we gave you an upgrade. Not true, we had booked an executive suite and to offer us one with no air con is to my mind a downgrade. Stay now 7 out of 10.
4. Broken bed in our room. The base had collapsed underneath. A sagging mattress resuled in backache & a very poor nights sleep. 2 points deducted as a decent bed should be a given in any hotel especially a 4 star hotel. Now 5 out of 10.
5. Old worn settee in our room with a tear in the seat. Now 4 out of 10.
Summary. Nothing like 10 out of 10 and standards you would expect in a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello hotelguest,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. Ensuring our hotels are always clean, our service is always friendly, and everything always works is what we want your to experience. I'm sorry that we fell short of our promise. Issues from the parking lot, level of service received to having no air conditioning system working in the room simply marred your stay. Our team has been looped of your review and I'm confident this will be improved to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

We hope you consider us again as pit-stop for your travel in case you're back in the area!

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Staff were excellent. Very understanding of any issues we had with transport. Rooms were clean and cosy. Food and drink prices are pretty high; £12 for breakfast buffet and £4.50 for a pint of Stella, but its expected as it is a hotel after all. Fully recommend.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2019

This hotel is excellent, close to the motorway but far enough away to not be bothered by it. Friendly attentive staff, a great looking leisure area including a pool and ample free parking. The hotel is close to Bromsgrove, which has plenty of eateries and pubs.

Date of stay: April 2019