1,070 results
All reviews bar area public areas evening meal saturday night steam room enjoyable stay buffet style wedding reception plenty of parking nick lianne executive gym motorway venue birmingham countryside
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In terms of standard it is generally OK and to be fair the staff were generally helpful and friendly.

The main things to consider with this location is it’s about 3/4 mile outside of Bromsgrove so no access to other amenities.

If you are travelling to Birmingham or Redditch and south going through Bromsgrove will add 15 minutes to your journey.

The rooms are OK but only have one plug behind the TV for laptop, phone, etc. and are not adequate for current day usage.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We held an annual dinner dance here on Saturday 11th May and had a brilliant time. The food was exceptional, how the chef managed to cook 150 fillet steaks to perfection I’ll never know. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. It could not have been better.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2019

A business trip - not that impressed. No hot water for bath and tap broken. Half room fee refunded after complaint. Fire alarm late evening most concerning - staff didn't seem to have a routine and we all filtered out and then in again without supervision. If they had a real fire - Holiday Inn would have a problem.Told reception - they didn't seem that bothered. Restaurant - again needs a re-vamp in terms of menu and not really what I would /have had from a Holiday Inn. the hotel on the whole is tired and in general needs some TLC. Would I go again?...... plenty of choice out there and places only get one choice as I am a world wide traveller and have seen what is possible for the money.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

I am the Chairman of our Association and we have just celebrated what has been judged as one of the best if not the best of our previous 28 reunions, WHY because of this hotel and perhaps more importantly its STAFF. In this day and age of what our age group complain of constantly declining standards how nice it was to visit this hotel were customer satisfaction was all that mattered. I was there for 3 nights during which I know I unintentionally set various challenges for the hotel management, in every case they sorted out the problem and always with a smile. The food, both in the resturant and in the function suite was excellent, the service in the bars and the product range available was impressive ( there aren't too many hotels that offer a choice of cask beers).
Though I wouldn't normally single out individuals in this case I must publically thank Laura Wise and "tother" Laura both of you were outstanding
Ops manager Mandy was everywhere and so helpful, down in the function suite Nick was beyond reproach even when he wasn't supposed to be there thanks Nick.
All the hotel staff were as good as the team of managers and really made us feel valued if I can just mention Rachel who seemed to always be behind the bar when we wanted anything.
We are coming back next year and just to give fair warning thete will be a good few more of us.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2019

First impressions - needs a refurbishment and looking tired. My bath tap hot water adjustment was broken - had a very hold bath. In fairness, I complained and the room cost was part refunded. Didnt help that a fire alarm went off late evening and the supervision was non existant with clients not knowing what to do/come back in. Restaurant - again looked dated and need attention. Over priced in my opinion for very average food.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Hello EssexReview1,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad that the hotel staff was responsive to your concerns, I am sorry to learn about the broken bath water adjustment and that you found some of the hotel facilities not up to standards. I have shared your comments with the hotel management to ensure that the bath amenity concern is taken care of, and also, as a reference during the periodic review of the property. I trust that steps taken will improve your next stays with us.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,