“Cracking Hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Cracking Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Because of my work, I have seen my fair share of hotels. This one, however, is one of the better ones overall!

Our check-in was seamless by a gent called Anthony, who could not have been more polite! Being a Platinum Member of the Priority Club we received an upgrade into a beautiful executive room, which was as quiet, modern and comfortable.

We had already eaten, so we just had a cheeky pint in the lounge before bed. The drinks weren't exactly cheap, but not bad in comparison to other hotels. The lady who served us was friendly and courteous, and the lounge was relaxing and warm - perfect!

We had a great night's sleep in a really comfy bed, and to say the room was quiet would be an understatement! The only noise to be heard would probably be my 'snoring!'

We had breakfast the following day, which was not the widest choice of items you'll ever see at a Holiday Inn, but what was there was good quality and tasty.

Overall we had a great stay - friendly staff, good value, and great hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel because I had a lovely overnight stay. It was a great hotel, and I loved it!

Room Tip: We had room 412 on the Executive Floor, which we had as an upgrade for being a Platinum Member of th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your great comments following your stay. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is shared amongst the whole team and thank you for particularly singling out Anthony for praise and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you back soon!!!

Alan Northern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

£55 and 50 minutes later we arrive at the Holiday Inn described as being close to the NEC!!!!!

The reception area was welcoming with open fire and the staff were very friendly and helpful but forgot to tell us there was no lift to the basement where our rooms were located! One of the rooms was very basic looking out onto a courtyard and the other was not too bad in that it was modern and clean and looked out at the carpark!

We had room service which arrived cold as did our breakfast the next morning.

Don't think I would want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask not to stay on the lower ground floor!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments following your stay. I was sorry to hear about your room service not being served at the correct temperature. I will pass this feedback onto the relevant people concerned.

The trip from the NEC usually takes about 20 minutes, but the roads can often be much busier if there are events on, such as the Spring Fair recently.

We do hope that your experience does not deter you from using the brand in the future

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night before my wedding here and the prep days...a lovely hotel! The pool was fab :-). Food delicious and service very friendly. Such a great basis. Really put Holiday Inns up in my estimations!!!

• Stayed April 2012
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thanks for your excellent review of the hotel. I will certainly share these comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff all very helpful 10 out of 10
Revive Spa and swimming pool facilities 7 out of 10
restaurant not used in evening as I found it too expensive.
breakfast very good choice of food from full English to cereals and fruit 8 out of 10
Rooms had booked a suite for three nights, had to be moved after day one as shower flooded a corridor in main hotel, however the shower thermostat was broken.
Duty manager quickly arranged for us to be moved to another suite, how ever the heating was not working so we had to survive with two converter heaters. So very wrong when you consider what the rooms cost.
Would I come back yes, as hotel as more right about it than wrong. It also has wonderful views of the countryside.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay. I was sorry to hear about the issues you had with your room. These are not indicative of our normal guest experience here at the hotel. The issue with the heating is beyond our control but is currently being rectified by specialist contractors.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Paignton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were staying here on a Friday night before a bowls match the next morning. The room was very modern, large and clean. Facilities included Wifi (small charge), ironing board, fridge and safe. The bathroom was also large and clean.
I cannot comment on breakfast as we did not have it but I did think that £14.95 per person was excessive.
We did have meal on the Friday night. A special 2 & 3 course menu ws offered, as well as lighter meals. I had a beef burger and my husband had omelette. Both meals were very good but again, I thought a tad expensive.
Would definitely use this Holiday Inn again, if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the great comments following your recent stay. With regards to breakfast it is £13.95 per person in the restaurant, however if you book a Bed & Breakfast rate or upgrade to breakfast on check in, if there are 2 people in the room, it works out at no more than £7.50 per person.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was a busy business packed 2 days but the venue and the facilities made it worthwhile. The bed was one of the best I have slept on and the food above average. After the first full day the availability of the pool and its associated reources were welcomed, nothing like relaxing before dinner and a pint. On the issue of the pint they had it on special whcih was another bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your great comments following your 2 day stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Wishaw, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Overall I was impressed with the hotel. The staff are all very welcoming and friendly. The hotel itself is stunning, very clean and very well laid out. My only complaint is the standard of food and the prices. For £10.95 I expected a plate of nachos large enough to share - i got the equivalent of a bag of doritos on a plate. I was also disappointed with the pizza I ordered, finding it tasting mostly of tomato sauce with all the filling crammed into the centre. My partner used the restaurant rather than the bar however and found her food great value.
But, food aside I can't fault the hotel. Our room was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable and I like the complimentary bathroom items available if you have forgotten anything. My partner uses this hotel regularly and I know we will both be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments following your stay. I will pass on the food comments to the Head Chef. We look forward to seeing you both back at the hotel soon

Alan Northern
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport on Severn

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove? Share your experiences!