“Unfair reviews in our experience”

The Plough & Harrow
Ranked #40 of 116 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My Dad loves a carvery and my son came home from University this weekend and he too loves a carvery so I thought I would take them out for Sunday lunch. Searching for pubs that do a carvery was interesting as we had been to most of them. I decided to give the Plough a try despite the mixed reviews because I had been to their cod and steak night last month and had a delicious meal. Yes it needs an up lift but it is closing today for a refit. That said the food was excellent, plenty of it, tasty and the staff are a delight. Give them a chance when it reopens I do not think you will be disappointed if you like good wholesome food at a fair price.

1  Thank Midlands48

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Traditional pub on outskirts of Catshill. Went with family for a Birthday lunch and wasnt dissapointed. A lunchtime carvery for £4 per head, with a good selection of veg, friendly staff and a good pint !... was very quiet on the day that we went and to be honest, it shouldn't be.... Good VFM :-)

1  Thank Ade M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Saturday lunchtime carvery - those food items which were freshly cooked were good and tasty - BUT the meat,........all dried up and was very chewy and tired (last nights, recycled!). This was not the first time I experienced dried up meat here - I was hoping for better on this occasion!

There is no excuse for this type of meat presentation if this establishment is to aspire to "get more and returning customers" through the door!

Customers are looking for value for money, yes, but not with sub-standard food - where is the manager looking after the quality of ALL the food produced.

I did complain about the meat but no apology. No wonder the car park is rarely full!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I went midweek and had a carvery. Very nice and at a good price. There was a good selection of vegetables and the meats were well cooked. The drinks are a little pricey, but I suppose they are governed by brewery prices. The staff are friendly enough and all in all the place does offer value for money.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Popped in here on the off chance with the family, we were going to eat but I,m afraid we never got that far.First impressions were the key.
The carpets were well worn and dirty, the tables were old and grotty, there were about 5 people in there, and this was a Saturday early evening. The carvery was all covered up with silver foil, and I'm afraid we just got up and walked out.
Sorry if it seems harsh but they need to do a lot better if they want my custom.