1,555 results
All reviews cadbury world two double beds restaurant staff room was large family room leisure facilities steam room buffet style evening meal stayed here for one night birmingham motorway midlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a meeting booked in Birmingham and struggled to find anything within my £90 a night budget. This hotel came up on Booking.com as a sponsored link and I thought that a 35 minute journey was worth it, for the £84 a night room only rate I was offered. When I then added on the £5 parking and the £7.99 for WIFI in room, I may as well have stayed in nearer Birmingham (breakfast £15.95 which I declined). The other thing that annoyed me was very visible signs about not bringing your own food and drink onto premises. I think the hotel needs to consider its hotel policies, as parking, wifi and food/drink bans, all seem a little pre-millennial and not in line with other hotel chains I use every week. The £49.99 room rate offered on Bookings.com tonight is more appropriate adding on all the other charges, as it is a tired hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2019

When I first reviewed this hotel before Christmas 2018, I suggested - Check their busy dates and then think twice before staying here. We gave it a second chance last weekend and have discovered that, regrettably, the quality of stay has nothing to do with how busy they are.

As before, the front of house staff are still deserving of 5 stars as they really do work their socks off.

The food is still, as far as we are concerned, tired, over-cooked, uninspired and generally just not nice.

The bed is still uncomfortable and the washing facilities still have problems. This time, the sink plug failed to open or close but as the sink drained so slowly an inoperative plug made no difference. No, we did not report this but wonder why, if the room is being cleaned properly, it had not been picked up and reported by the maids??

The smoking area is literally just outside the doors into the hotel and so sometimes, as during a wedding on the Saturday, it spreads to partially block entry. The stink that smokers create is bad enough but why did they put the smoking area in a place that affects everyone?

Well, having given the hotel a second chance, we will not be risking it for a third time.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cibarious
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

When booking this hotel there was no mention of parking charges. We stayed for one night and thought we had chosen a good hotel at a reasonable price. However the receptionist was not at all friendly, not one smile checking in or out. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly and on arrival was asked to pay £10 in advance for one night parking. Would not stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

the family room should be 2 twin beds so it’s for convenient for the kids but no it’s a duplicate of the adult bed which is a rock hard queen size with rock hard pillows. Can hear next door having sex and if that ain’t bad enough quiet footsteps in the halls are the loudest things I’ve ever heard. The windows open so widely that I could literally jump out them (yes in the family room where kids sleep!) the garlic bread which was £3 may I add was something I could’ve bought in Tesco for £1 it was green flat bread because of the garlic butter they put on it. You’re not allowed to order a takeaway. Music is played so loudly downstairs by the lobby at about 5pm and you can walk to the car park and hear it. One side you hear next door having sex and the other you hear a different couple talking. Paid extra for the WiFi and they didn’t give us a code so we got ripped off. Sink had cracks all over it. Pillows were dusty. Nothing good on the telly. Toilet didn’t flush after taking merely a piss. The shower partially turned on when I turned on the bath taps sorted it out but it kept dripping quite badly. Save the environment stuff on the walls but then they’re packaging all their soaps and everything in plastic. Milk leaves a taste of old cheese in your mouth. Ashtrays were filled to the brim and above but not emptied. Employees rarely smile. Great Indian near ish though it’s called spices and they’re truly amazing. I’m only going to keep coming here because of the convenience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Where do I start with how bad this is. After checking in with a friendly member of staff things seemed positive. Then I entered my room! The room itself was larger and that was the only positive. With twin beds in the room that were like something that were out of the 1960s. Each was a nice shade of mahogany and they were on wheels too. I sat on one and it squeaked not great. Then I sat on the next and the bed squeaked even louder. As you can guess I was looking forward I sleeping in this room. The bathroom was unclean and I didn’t want to step in the bath needed a good/deep clean. The toilet was not clean and the toilet seat was not even on properly.

As the evening can I thought I could do with a couple of bottles of still water. So I proceeded to the bar only to be told they were out of bottles of still water. Out of bottled water it was only 9.30pm.

Well the night went and the morning came, as I thought my sleep would not be great. And low and behold I was right! The room was near the hallway door so you could hear people coming and going. And yes the bed squeaked with the slightest movement. To say I had a pleasant experience big fat lie. Not my best hotel experience!!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business