1,567 results
All reviews cadbury world two double beds restaurant staff room was large family room leisure facilities steam room buffet style evening meal stayed here for one night birmingham motorway midlands
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Where do I start with how bad this is. After checking in with a friendly member of staff things seemed positive. Then I entered my room! The room itself was larger and that was the only positive. With twin beds in the room that were like something that were out of the 1960s. Each was a nice shade of mahogany and they were on wheels too. I sat on one and it squeaked not great. Then I sat on the next and the bed squeaked even louder. As you can guess I was looking forward I sleeping in this room. The bathroom was unclean and I didn’t want to step in the bath needed a good/deep clean. The toilet was not clean and the toilet seat was not even on properly.

As the evening can I thought I could do with a couple of bottles of still water. So I proceeded to the bar only to be told they were out of bottles of still water. Out of bottled water it was only 9.30pm.

Well the night went and the morning came, as I thought my sleep would not be great. And low and behold I was right! The room was near the hallway door so you could hear people coming and going. And yes the bed squeaked with the slightest movement. To say I had a pleasant experience big fat lie. Not my best hotel experience!!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Me and my husband bought the deal for one night with 3 course dinner we just spent a weekend in this hotel tbh this hotel is ok to have a stop over if you traveling far.... for a weekend away it’s not a right choice room we had was big we have two double beds in our room walls had cracks carpets were dirty bathroom was very out dated very horrible would not recommend this if u looking for nice time away.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Slow unfriendly checkin, unexpected parking charge then directed to the wrong side of hotel to find our room. We didn’t think it could get much worse, when we finally found our (non-smoking) room it stank of smoke and we discovered cigarette butts on the ground outside the window. At dinner we were offered “busy or quiet side of the restaurant”, we opted for quiet but were disheartened by very noisy staff and guests at the next table. We weren’t offered a drink just told about how service work.

After dinner we’d had enough, fortunately the duty manager was made aware of our dissatisfaction and made himself known to us, he couldn’t have done more for us. Lukaz(?) was very apologetic and friendly, offered complimentary drinks, showed us another room (which didn’t smell) and sorted key cards etc.

We settled down for a couple of hours in our bedroom before bed, hoping to take advantage of the free WiFi...think again, that’s 20 mins free WiFi only!

Then, no hot water for a shower in the morning.

Breakfast was satisfactory, nothing special, again, service wasn’t particular customer focused. Check out was slow without friendliness or any pleasantries.

The hotel itself was ok (stinky room aside), fairly standard. I’m not sure the staff we came into contact with had any customer service training. Except Lukaz, who was absolutely amazing, I can only assume this was personal characteristics rather than any reflection of the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frances W
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Can I start my saying, this hotel is very nice, I believe it may have once been part of the Hilton brand but is now connected to Britannia, but please don't quote me on this. Very nice, clean pleasant to look at. Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Staff were friendly and you would think all of the above would make this an ideal place to stay, well question that.
Unfortunately the price per night is incredibly low , we went through booking.com and for two nights the total was under £100. Ideal, as long as you don't mind the type of clientele it attracts. The evening was spent admiring baseball caps, gold chains and over the knee leather boots and by the morning, the view of sick across the main outer doors along with glasses, empty bottles and mountain filled ashtrays.
Such a shame, hotel is lovely but I dare say it won't remain that way for long... If you don't mind the above mentioned then I suppose you've got a bargain for a getaway, if you do mind the above views I mentioned then stay away.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Arriving to check in , we had to wait about 5 minutes as couple in front were having a problem with the card machine, young receptionist never said "thanks for waiting/ Hi/hello", no eye contact, Just "what name is it?" Gave us some papers to sign and gave us the key, awful manners!
Hotel is old and tired, room was spacious and bright, mattress needs replacing, main stairwells were not very clean. A party of guests a few doors down were very rowdy well into the night and as the doors don't have a silent close mechanism they kept banging, I went down to complain to reception, the night manager was very apologetic and understanding, we put the TV on low to drown out the noise, never again would I stay here.

Date of stay: April 2019