1,547 results
All reviews cadbury world two double beds restaurant staff room was large family room leisure facilities steam room buffet style evening meal stayed here for one night birmingham motorway midlands
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Having stayed here on a girls night last year we decided to book the same deal again bed, breakfast and evening meal. Not a very pleasant stay this time at all, it started off well the receptionist was lovely and welcoming. We had a family room which was spacious and clean, the rooms are overdue a refurb though. But...dinner was an awful experience, the dining area was extremely busy and we were told as there was a function on it was a buffet dinner (as opposed to choosing from a menu) We were sat at our table, not told what we should do other than just “help ourselves”. I went to the salad bar first for a starter then just used the same plate to go up for my main. However, when I asked the chef for a piece of chicken he proceeded to question why as “it looks like your plate has been used” I was taken aback to be honest, I explained I had only had a salad and nothing from the mains. He then begrudgingly gave me the chicken along with the most disgusting look as if to imply I was lying. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable. I complained to the waitress who said apparently we were only supposed to go up once, something we were not told and saw several others go up 3 or 4 times... as you would expect if it’s a buffet!! The chef was so rude he actually put me off my food which wasn’t particularly nice either. Apart from reception, customer service was really poor. It felt as if everything was too much effort and the staff are visibly unhappy. One member of the breakfast team actually said to a guest that he was tired, had a headache and didn’t want to be there!!! If you don’t want to be there then why would any guest want to be either!!!
The bar prices are extortionate, as are the parking charges and “spa”. The hotel is looking really tired, if you want people to come back you may wish to review these issues. We won’t be staying again I’m afraid, the whole experience was just uncomfortable and tainted our stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2019

We went to this hotel with some friends and had dinner and stayed overnight. The dinner was ok nothing to complain about, but not something you would recommend. The room was nice and big but looking tired and old fashioned, and not very clean. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. In one of our friends room the bathroom had mildew and was obviously not clean.

During the night one of the guests started banging on her door and screaming at her boyfriend and running up and down the corridor. This went on for hours from before three in the morning until five when the police arrived. When we complained the hotel management told us they were not responsible for the behaviour of their guests, something I found totally unacceptable.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. Also be aware that the parking charges are outrageous.

Room tip: Don’t stay here
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2019

Booked on an excellently priced Groupon deal. We have stayed in this hotel previously, when it was with the Hilton group and were a little concerned that it had changed hands. I need not have worried, everything was of a great standard.

The gentleman who checked us in was polite, welcoming and informative. We were upgraded to a large family room which was very spacious (except the bathroom because when you opened the door you had to shuffle in sideways around the toilet) but the washbasin was outside in the dressing room which helped a lot. Whilst I have said that everything was of a great standard, I am judging our experience overall, if I had an observation it is that the rooms, especially the dressing room/bathroom are tired and need attention but are not awful. Beds are large and comfortable.

Dinner was, for me really delicious. I had soup to start which was above average for a bowl of soup. My salmon fillet was cooked perfectly and the accompanying sauce and vegetables just lovely. The wine was of great quality. The restaurant manager and our waiter were very attentive, polite and friendly. A lovely dining experience. I would definitely eat there again and again...

Breakfast was not so thrilling, everything cooked seemed to be heavily on the greasy side, but there was a good selection of cereal, plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, toppings, pastries etc, Downside for me was the coffee and tea which was self serve.

Overall we had great value for money and whilst we didn't use the pool on this occasion, I know it is a popular facility and we have used it in the past.

Room tip: )ur ground floor room, left side of corridor as you walk from reception overlooks garden terrace.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Our second visit to this hotel which we chose on price as Holiday Inn was full. The room was much nicer than on our previous visit though there was a smell of drains in the corridor which was being masked by a multitude of air fresheners. Hopefully just a temporary issue?
Breakfast was OK but lacked mushrooms and the coffee wasn't very inspiring. Staff were quite friendly.
Not sure what the issue is with parking here. There's a huge car park festooned with signs threatening action if you breach the rules. There's nothing much round there so why the draconian approach which frankly makes you feel unwelcome.
Otherwise OK

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

What can I say they upgraded our room for a family room because my husband is in a wheelchair ,we were met by such a delightful receptionist, my husband's birthday was on the Sunday we had friends and family join us for breakfast , they put us down in the bar area which was paid out and private couldn't ask for more.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple