1,498 results
All reviews cadbury world two double beds restaurant staff room was large family room good size leisure facilities steam room buffet style evening meal stayed here for one night birmingham motorway midlands
Reviewed May 25, 2018

When a hotel that was a Hilton needs to charge its guests to park (it's not town centre so that isnt an issue) and when they actually charge you 13p a minute to phone them I would avoid staying here if you can.

The rooms are tired and poorly reneovated and it simply isnt what it needs to be.

I usually book the Travelodge down the road and will be going back there next time. Its better than tis place!

Room tip: find a room in another hotel!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank aden m
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Avoid this hotel like the plague. Their parking system is faulty and can fine you £100 for the privilege of parking there even if you sign in correctly etc.
Hotel management shockingly rude and unhelpful - will be cancelling my gym membership. Only gave it 1 star as you can’t give zero!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mrsstints
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Having attended the funeral of a friend at the beginning of April, This hotel had been chosen by her husband to host the wake. On arrival we found that the hotel is sited in a massive car park, plenty of signs around the site informed us that the car park is operated by PSMART PARKING.

On entering the hotel we were told at the reception desk that we would need to register our vehicle registration at the terminal screen on the desk. As my husband is not very comfortable with using IT, the gentleman on duty at the desk, seeing that my husband was struggling to use the screen offered to input the details, which he kindly did for us. We were then assured that the vehicle was registered and proceeded to direct us to the wake.

We have now received a parking charge notice saying that the vehicle was not validated and therefore not made exempt to parking charges.

So why did that member of staff tell us that it was all done, when evidently it wasn’t. I know what I witnessed that day and I believed that member of staff when he said all done sir.

Having contacted the hotel and told by a female member of staff that it was nothing to do with the hotel and to contact the company issuing the PCN notice. And to told a member of staff wouldn’t input details

So apart from implying that my husband was lying the hotel wasn’t interested

What a way to remember a friends passing

£60 penalty

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Afloat2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

If yiu are expecting a 4 star hotel then you will be disappointed but if you are expecting a budget hotel then you may be pleasantly surprised. The car park however isn't run by the hotel and seems designed to catch people out which is a shame as the hotel isn't bad. We stayed half board and the buffet breakfast is quite basic but acceptable but not 4 star. The food for dinner was a little better with a choice of 4 different main meals which I enjoyed. Buffet selection is quite poor and there needs to be pouring cream added to the desert section as some of the options were quite dry. Altogether better than I was expecting considering it's a britannia hotel and we didn't know until the last minute we were staying as part of a coach tour.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gastronome1968
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do hope that despite the concerns you had with the car park and with the catering, you were able to have an overall pleasant stay. I will ensure to forward your concerns over to the hotel for them to review. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Happily asleep...... I am awoken by a policeman breaking into my room and a blinding led torch shone in my face, demading my name and date of birth, searching my room and then scoots off.

Great. They must have some lovely clients.....

Enjoy your stay.

Trip type: Traveled solo
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am concerned to learn of the issue with the police officer entering your hotel room. Please be assured I have forwarded your review over to the hotel manager for review.