“I'm not usually one to complain.”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'm not usually one to complain.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed in many Hilton hotels both in the UK and other countries and was thoroughly shocked by my experience here, I will never choose to stay here again. First of all, everything in this hotel comes at a ridiculous cost, and what I thought was a good value hotel turned out not to be. The Hilton is not a budget brand and I know what to expect, but this particular hotel seemed to employ many of the tricks such brands would to make it look like on the face of things I am getting good value for my stay. Examples of this include £15 for 24 hours of wifi access, £5 per night car parking and even the tray charge, which was £5 for someone to carry a tray around the corner from the restaurant to my room. The food itself was also horrendously overpriced for what it was, if I'd have known what I was to receive in return for my money I would have eaten elsewhere. Furthermore, upon waking up in the morning I discovered a rather gruesome looking stain on the bed which due to it's location and colour I assumed was menstrual blood. The room itself in terms of cleanliness was average at best with the exception of the bathroom which was again substandard due to the fact that a lot of the tiles were cracked and the walls were peeling in every corner and it looked in dire need of refurbishment. Two of the lights in the room didn't work either and a large roll of carpet was placed near my room which I almost tripped over in the morning.
When I spoke to reception to report my concerns, I was given a form to fill in which I then retuned to the Hilton staff and was told I would be contacted by the general manager as soon as they returned to the hotel. It has been a week since I stayed at the Hilton Bromsgrove and I have still received no call despite the assurances of the staff that I would hear back. I even called the hotel back and was told the manager would be in touch again. I fail to understand why the Hilton Bromsgrove would not get in touch with me and it makes me wonder whether they are used to such negative reviews of the hotel. It shocks me that Hilton are comfortable with having their name associated with such a property.

Room Tip: Check the sheets before you use the bed. Apparently cleaning is not handled in house and the Hilton...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OFS993

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel as part of Wedding Party booking. Excellent Room large and well furnished with a big comfy bed which was very welcome after a very long day. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice and friendly efficient check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank perayesk
Scotland
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff are wonderful, had issues with Internet, reception staff hooked me up with BT the service provider and helped me resolve the problem, restaurant was superb, bacon and black pudding salad followed by lambs liver - both awesome, room big, bright and in very good condition.
Hard to fault!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel to visit relatives near by & used the Hilton Honours plus cash scheme which was very good value. Not over happy at having to pay £5 each night for car parking.
The hotel in general was very smart and clean even though there were weddings taking place on both nights we were there.
We had a family room which contained 2 king sized beds whcih were very comfortable & the beddeing and towels were changed each day. TV service provided was excellent and really could not fault it. Had a couple of minor problems with room which were sorted by the time we returned to the room with a Cadbury chocolate bar & note telling us the repair had been done. All in all a very good hotel.
It was very unusual to have the washbasin in the passage between the entrance to the room and the bathroom. This had no door on and so there was no privacy when having a wash. The light for the bathroom also operated the light above the sink so the whol;e bed room got lit up. The door to the bathroom just skimmed past the toilet seat & the bath opposite meaning that you had to stand in the bath to open & close the door. Weird. Who does design these things? Does no one check them before the builders leave?
We did not eat there as we were visitng relatives nearby & only needed a bed. We did think that £20 for 2 breakfasts was excessive especially as we were only looking for toast or a bacon sandwich etc.
Looking forward to our return anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for a week whilst on a training course for my employment.
Day one, COLD breakfast!. The plates had a warning next to them along with a stack of cloths to hold them with. You needed a cloth to keep your hands warm. When I say the scrambled egg was cold, I mean literally. I was one of the first in for breakfast so the heat lamps they were under hadn't managed to warm the top of them yet. The reat of the food was only luke warm bar the black pudding, that was hot enough.
Day two, early morning call. My alarm was set for 6:15, I hit snooze but lay there trying to work out what the deep rumbling noise outside was. It was a bin lorry negotiating the car park to get to the service yard. This got better, it was one of those vehicles that pick up big bins of rubbish and lift them to deposit the contents into the top of the vehicle. It was tipping the bottle bins at 06:25 !!! Two of them. If you have ever heard these you will know they make a lot of noise. There is housing on the other side of the car park too, I'm surprised they haven't complained before now.
Thursday I wake to find the bill for the room next to mine had been pushed under my door.
On checking out I got two bills, one for the stay that was covered by the credit card submitted on arrival and a second bill for the car park! £5 for 24hrs if you're a resident. Quite cheap really if you were somewhere with limited parking availability, which this hotel is not. It's the principal of it. Charging residents for parking their vehicles is just a rip off. This place is no where near any major public transport so you would expect folk to be in their own vehicles.

The room itself was not well appointed. Power socket next the TV and one on the dressing table/bureau. The lighting was not briliant either. The TV was in good order and of a decent size although you have to negotiate one of the usual hotel type systems to watch anything at all. The carpets were not clean, the vacuum had not been under the bed for several months, the standard lamp had obviously not been moved for a while either as the carpet around and behind it had quite a decent amount of dust that showed a tide mark where the vacuum could reach. The skirting board area was just the same, a 15-20mm border of darkness and dust. Not what you might expect from a Hotel in this chain.
I'll recommend Premier Inn to my firm as it's closer to the venue and the reports I got of that place were favourable. I certainly wouldn't choose this place again as long as a decent alternative is present.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here for the bank holiday as it was a convenient location for the Cadburys world. In general we had a good experience but we were very disappointed with the poor customer service at reception desk when we were not made aware that we would be charged for breakfast for the 3 days. Even at checkin or during the 3 days we were not made aware of breakfast charge and the really disappointing thing is that on the bill we received on checkout their was no actually no charge for breakfast but when we got home 3 days, after I was shocked to receive a bill through the post with the breakfast charge for £30. Now I feel this is very unprofessional and very bad customer service as I have been charged me for something that I that I knew didn't exist. I wouldn't have minded if they had told me that breakfast was not in the rate as at least I would know but I feel like they have cheated behind my back and charged me for something I was completely unaware of. I am a Hilton honours member and have never had a problem like this in all my recent stays with Hilton over the years and it has definitely put a negative impression of Hilton customer service from reception staff. I also contacted the hotel for a possible refund after but the lady at reception was again unhelpful and unwilling to do this as she. If anyone from hotel would like to contact me to discuss this matter feel free to contact me on khurramkhwaja@hotmail.com if not I doubt I will be staying at a Hilton again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

very nice place to stay would advice anyone to stop there if it was an option. if any problems were to occur they will deal with it straight away. You really do feel the want you to have the best stay ever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!