I have stayed in many Hilton hotels both in the UK and other countries and was thoroughly shocked by my experience here, I will never choose to stay here again. First of all, everything in this hotel comes at a ridiculous cost, and what I thought was a good value hotel turned out not to be. The Hilton is not a budget brand and I know what to expect, but this particular hotel seemed to employ many of the tricks such brands would to make it look like on the face of things I am getting good value for my stay. Examples of this include £15 for 24 hours of wifi access, £5 per night car parking and even the tray charge, which was £5 for someone to carry a tray around the corner from the restaurant to my room. The food itself was also horrendously overpriced for what it was, if I'd have known what I was to receive in return for my money I would have eaten elsewhere. Furthermore, upon waking up in the morning I discovered a rather gruesome looking stain on the bed which due to it's location and colour I assumed was menstrual blood. The room itself in terms of cleanliness was average at best with the exception of the bathroom which was again substandard due to the fact that a lot of the tiles were cracked and the walls were peeling in every corner and it looked in dire need of refurbishment. Two of the lights in the room didn't work either and a large roll of carpet was placed near my room which I almost tripped over in the morning.
When I spoke to reception to report my concerns, I was given a form to fill in which I then retuned to the Hilton staff and was told I would be contacted by the general manager as soon as they returned to the hotel. It has been a week since I stayed at the Hilton Bromsgrove and I have still received no call despite the assurances of the staff that I would hear back. I even called the hotel back and was told the manager would be in touch again. I fail to understand why the Hilton Bromsgrove would not get in touch with me and it makes me wonder whether they are used to such negative reviews of the hotel. It shocks me that Hilton are comfortable with having their name associated with such a property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 20 minutes from Birmingham Airport, the Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa offers an ideal location to explore the heart of England. Located half a mile from the M5 and M42, the hotel provides access to the beautiful Cotswolds region, Birmingham city center and shopping areas and picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon. With a bar, restaurant and Java coffee shop, 60ft indoor heated pool, fitness center and nearby golf course available, you may choose to simply relax and unwind at the hotel and the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove Hotel Bromsgrove
- Hilton International Bromsgrove
- Bromsgrove Hilton International
- Hilton Bromsgrove